PSA hiring, again.

nyk

Not for nothing but i just flew in a PSA 900 next gen aircraft or at least thats what it said under the captains window. Nothing else to see here carry on.

The idea of being in the Dayton, OH area doesn't bother me. The climate there wouldn't be that much different than it is where I am presently.

What WOULD bother me is being stuck somewhere up north, e.g. WI, MN, or AK; now THAT would suck! For example, in the MSP area, the availability of electrical outlets at your parking space is considered an amenity in apartment complexes. Why? So you can plug in your car's engine block heater. Yes, it gets THAT COLD in MSP! My brother used to live there, and he told me all about this...
I've lived in MSP for 3 years now and I have never once thought about plugging in my car, and I came from ANC before that, where I rarely plugged in my car. The only time it was a requirement was on a trip to FAI where the air temp was -45°F. Pretty sure you would survive.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
I've lived in MSP for 3 years now and I have never once thought about plugging in my car, and I came from ANC before that, where I rarely plugged in my car. The only time it was a requirement was on a trip to FAI where the air temp was -45°F. Pretty sure you would survive.
"But it's a dry cold!"-every fairbanksan ever

Mainline_or_bust

Two days before, the day after tomorrow
My time in ND I found that cold is cold.

32-0 is cold, below 0 it just hurts.
If 32F or 0C is defined as hurting then as a Michigan Man born and bread, I vote you're subject to man card revocation.

Can't say I'm Alaska winter ready but negative Faherenheight air temp or negative double digit wind chill is where I draw the line. Colder than that is miserable! Then again, just think of the A/C performance!

A-9er

If 32F or 0C is defined as hurting then as a Michigan Man born and bread, I vote you're subject to man card revocation.

Can't say I'm Alaska winter ready but negative Faherenheight air temp or negative double digit wind chill is where I draw the line. Colder than that is miserable! Then again, just think of the A/C performance!
I think he was trying to say 32 BELOW 0...

CrippleHawk

Speaking of PSA anyone heard or saw that that plane hitting a deer today in CLT?

That planes gonna be out of service for a long, long, time
Oh and that poor deer. I can only imagine the Captain calling the dispatcher telling him/her what happened.

Note: The impact. Plus it was leaking fuel. I know the in board Slat assembly gonna be replaced

CS0290

Speaking of PSA anyone heard or saw that that plane hitting a deer today in CLT?

Oh and that poor deer. I can only imagine the Captain calling the dispatcher telling him/her what happened.

Note: The impact. Plus it was leaking fuel. I know the in board Slat assembly gonna be replaced
I'd imagine they were so low to the ground that they didn't have time and were too task saturated to call their dispatcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-9er

You ever see what deer do to cars?

A-9er

"

Naw. It's Bridgeton. Ferguson is on the OTHER side of the highway! :bounce:
Yes, indeed, we are in Bridgeton. Unfortunately, much of Bridgeton got leveled when STL put in runway 11-29. They say it was the most EXPENSIVE public works project in St. Louis history...

Last edited:

A-9er

How are you liking LIDO/NetLine Ops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It depends on WHEN you ask me that! The other night when I had my medical emergency and tail swaps (i.e. when I HAD to make up time) and LIDO was running slow & doing constant RAM updates, not too much. Sometimes LIDO runs slow, and it makes a bad day worse. When it does multiple, long RAM updates, you can't do squat! Plus, it has to talk to Germany all the time, since Lufthansa, LIDO's maker, is based there.

Netline Ops is quirky, to say the least. I think it would be better if the usable tabs had dark black letters though; since they're always shown in a slightly darker gray, it looks like they're not active. You know how MS Office will have black letters for an active tab or command, while they'll have slightly darker gray lettering for inactive tabs? I wish Netline did the same.

I can't compare them to anything else, because I haven't USED anything else. That is, I can't compare LIDO to SABRE, because I haven't used SABRE. I talked to someone who used SABRE when we had it, and they said they liked it better than LIDO. When LIDO works well, it's ok; when it doesn't (like the other night), then it's not. What do you think of them? Why?