PSA hiring, again.

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
I know of at least two forum members who are ex-PSA that made it to a major. I'm sure there's more people than that who moved on from there to something better.

CPZ9900

I know of at least two forum members who are ex-PSA that made it to a major. I'm sure there's more people than that who moved on from there to something better.
I think the key is prior experience... nobody is moving on from there without experience from somewhere else.. if you use it as a stepping stone to get somewhere better ... ie: skywest then it could be a good move.

TaxiBack

Plane planes planes
I know for a fact that not ONE SINGLE person was hired away from PSA that didnt have at least 2yrs already, AND had worked for at least one other shop. A couple of good guys also had many years as gate and ramp workers. Not a single person with just PSA on their resume will ever leave that place.

Keep Calm and GTFO. That's the PSA mentor program's moto.

Athlaka

So as a total newbie who never dispatched, PSA would be more detrimental to my career than beneficial?

Or are you saying that starting at PSA would basically be a way to get to a better regional?

CD427

PSA requires 1500 hours right? If you have 1500 hours why wouldn't you go to whichever regional you want? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like all the regionals want you right now if you have 1500 hours. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Republic offering the highest first year pay right now? Somewhere around 40?

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
PSA requires 1500 hours right? If you have 1500 hours why wouldn't you go to whichever regional you want? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like all the regionals want you right now if you have 1500 hours. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Republic offering the highest first year pay right now? Somewhere around 40?
I think you're missing that you posted this in a dispatch subforum...all PSA requires for a dispatcher position is that you have your license.

Burrito

I'll ask the stupid questions
Dayton OH (PSA)
Salisbury MD (PDT)
St. George UT (SKW)
Appleton WI (AWI)
Minneapolis MN (CPZ)*
Minneapolis MN (FLG)*
Dallas-Fort Worth TX (ENY)
Atlanta GA (ASQ)
Phoenix AZ (ASH)
St Louis MO (TSA)**
St Louis MO (GJS)**
Indianapolis IN (RPA)
Cleveland, OH (UCA)

...For anyone curious where the other express shops are.

* - Share the same building?
** - Definitely share the same building. Technically it's in Ferguson.

Last edited:

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
I don't want to live in ohio
You shouldn't get too picky with location when picking your first gig. As others here have stated, some people they went to school with have never worked as dispatchers long after they got their license because they were holding out for a particular airline that wasn't hiring or wasn't interested in them. At this point I'd concentrate on getting your license and then worry about who's hiring after that. In the meantime...enjoy the music!

Last edited: