• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PSA announces PHL and ORF crew domiciles

EDUC8-or

The novelty of the red eyes wore off pretty quick. If I could get paid the same to fly the RJ and do that type of flying I would. One time zone is nice, and I like the small airports.
I was on the ramp in SFO at 0500 the other day and I couldn't hear one APU and not a single airplane was flying. The silence was nice, it reminded me of being back on the ramp in some -ville a short while back.

I live in base and bid short call, usually it works out well except for when I forget to bid a RAP. I don't mind redeyes since I'm gone for 1.5 days and it burns 3 days of RSV. I just pound lots of coffee and take a short nap when I get home. I'm not a fan of trailing redeyes though. I like the one leg transcons. The 2 leg redeyes and transcons are awful. I get tired of the trips that are in and out of CLT because I get the CLT legs with the 20+ mile finals. The newer/younger Captains realize that can be boring and will swap legs. The senior guys at PSA flew all of the outs as well. All in all I'm happy I made the jump, I miss the people I worked with at PSA but that's about it. I don't really miss the airplane. My goal for now is to work as little as possible while my kids are still young. When they're older and no longer think I'm cool I'll probably try to work more and make more money.

Where are you based? Aren't you a commuter?

wheelsup

I was on the ramp in SFO at 0500 the other day and I couldn't hear one APU and not a single airplane was flying. The silence was nice, it reminded me of being back on the ramp in some -ville a short while back.

I live in base and bid short call, usually it works out well except for when I forget to bid a RAP. I don't mind redeyes since I'm gone for 1.5 days and it burns 3 days of RSV. I just pound lots of coffee and take a short nap when I get home. I'm not a fan of trailing redeyes though. I like the one leg transcons. The 2 leg redeyes and transcons are awful. I get tired of the trips that are in and out of CLT because I get the CLT legs with the 20+ mile finals. The newer/younger Captains realize that can be boring and will swap legs. The senior guys at PSA flew all of the outs as well. All in all I'm happy I made the jump, I miss the people I worked with at PSA but that's about it. I don't really miss the airplane. My goal for now is to work as little as possible while my kids are still young. When they're older and no longer think I'm cool I'll probably try to work more and make more money.

Where are you based? Aren't you a commuter?
DFW, yeah I commute. For now. If home prices weren't so nuts with such a low inventory we'd have moved already.

A150K

140s?!? I thought the beer I’m drinking was packaged in a 140. While they’re at it, just get the Saaabs and 135 back, too. With Air Wisc flying United colors we really have the Way Back machine working overtime. I bet we could find an ATP to park at ORD.
I flew the 140 a bunch last week. They still smell like the desert and a few are still rocking the old eagle colors.

EDUC8-or

Hope to see you out on the line @EDUC8-or. I will be joining the ranks in March. You and I have flown together. You also did my ATP ride. I cannot believe you do not miss flying the 200 out of CLT in the middle of summer.
Was I a dick? Welcome aboard! Let me know if you have any questions about Indoc and if you're awarded the Airbus I'll be happy to give you information on training. I know a bunch of Check Airmen from my time in the training center and they cued me in on exactly what to study.

DFW, yeah I commute. For now. If home prices weren't so nuts with such a low inventory we'd have moved already.
Good houses are getting snatched quickly here in Charlotte as well. Living in base definitely makes this a different job.

learhawkerbe400

140s?!? I thought the beer I’m drinking was packaged in a 140. While they’re at it, just get the Saaabs and 135 back, too. With Air Wisc flying United colors we really have the Way Back machine working overtime. I bet we could find an ATP to park at ORD.
I flew the 140 a bunch last week. They still smell like the desert and a few are still rocking the old eagle colors.
Can you fill up a 140 and take a jumpseater?