PSA announces PHL and ORF crew domiciles

Opening May 2018 with plans for roughly 20 lines and 9 reserve lines for approximately 30 crews in PHL and 12 lines and 8 reserve lines for a total of 20 crews in ORF.

Unofficially I’ve heard that “more domiciles” are coming in the next 12-18 months which coincides with our growth to 150 airframes.

swakid8

Opening May 2018 with plans for roughly 20 lines and 9 reserve lines for approximately 30 crews in PHL and 12 lines and 8 reserve lines for a total of 20 crews in ORF.

Unofficially I’ve heard that “more domiciles” are coming in the next 12-18 months which coincides with our growth to 150 airframes.
Are these lines on top of current lines or will they come from other bases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t quote me, but my initial understanding is that the PHL lines will come from several of our existing bases that already do PHL flying. And I think the ORF base will be mostly from CLT and DCA flying but it’s a small base so it likely won’t have a huge impact on the ongoing operations in those bases. And I believe that we will have grown by a further 4 airframes by that time so some of those lines will be pure growth.

swakid8

Don’t quote me, but my initial understanding is that the PHL lines will come from several of our existing bases that already do PHL flying. And I think the ORF base will be mostly from CLT and DCA flying but it’s a small base so it likely won’t have a huge impact on the ongoing operations in those bases. And I believe that we will have grown by a further 4 airframes by that time so some of those lines will be pure growth.
What are the odds you think I can get ORF out of training? I start Indoc on the 26th of Feb

learhawkerbe400

What are the odds you think I can get ORF out of training? I start Indoc on the 26th of Feb

I commute out of ORF and i only see a handful of PSA guys.

swakid8

I commute out of ORF and i only see a handful of PSA guys.
That's good to know!

JDean3204

Damn, if I hadn’t already made a lateral regional move I’d be all over that ORF base. The wife always talks about living my in Va Beach again..

deadstick

Looks like it
With that said, 50+ EMB140s that are getting reactivated to replace ZW CRJ200s are going to Envoy

140s?!? I thought the beer I’m drinking was packaged in a 140. While they’re at it, just get the Saaabs and 135 back, too. With Air Wisc flying United colors we really have the Way Back machine working overtime. I bet we could find an ATP to park at ORD.

BigZ

140s?!? I thought the beer I’m drinking was packaged in a 140. While they’re at it, just get the Saaabs and 135 back, too. With Air Wisc flying United colors we really have the Way Back machine working overtime. I bet we could find an ATP to park at ORD.
Yup, 140s get new paint, interior and go to LGA.
Funny how it works.

Is this because Air Wis is closing ORF and PHL as part of their switch back to United from US/AA?
Yes and no. But mostly yes. I also think more 76 seaters in PHL is going to be a stop-gap when the 190 stars retiring next year. I heard that some of the PSA PHL flying will be “longer legs” to the Midwest. Perhaps as far west as PHL-DEN. Though that rumor hasn’t been substantiated. Worth noting I saw that we have begun more ORD flying too.

Yes and no. But mostly yes. I also think more 76 seaters in PHL is going to be a stop-gap when the 190 stars retiring next year. I heard that some of the PSA PHL flying will be “longer legs” to the Midwest. Perhaps as far west as PHL-DEN. Though that rumor hasn’t been substantiated. Worth noting I saw that we have begun more ORD flying too.
"Regional"...