Professional Standards?

Soul Brotha'

My only time calling ProStandz I barely got to finish my sentence and the rep’s words,” Are you flying with XXXXXX? We already can figure what happened.” Amazing, he was pretty much spot on.

Cherokee_Cruiser

My only time calling ProStandz I barely got to finish my sentence and the rep’s words,” Are you flying with XXXXXX? We already can figure what happened.” Amazing, he was pretty much spot on.

Why are some pilots this difficult? Being a 121 F/O for over 10 yrs before being able to upgrade, I learned a lot of good things from many good CAs, but there many examples of stupid crap I learned that I would never do as CA.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
It almost always comes down to insecurity. Either with life, or they’re just crappy pilots.
Usually both, and there are some giveaways. When someone starts their brief with, "some of my pet peeves are (THINGS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OPERATION, OR MY JOB, BUT YOU'RE ABOUT TO TELL ME HOW EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE DOES IS WRONG AND YOU ARE GOD)" followed by "and I'm pretty standard."

Autothrust Blue

The frakkin’ CAG
Usually both, and there are some giveaways. When someone starts their brief with, "some of my pet peeves are (THINGS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OPERATION, OR MY JOB, BUT YOU'RE ABOUT TO TELL ME HOW EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE DOES IS WRONG AND YOU ARE GOD)" followed by "and I'm pretty standard."
"I'm pretty standard, by the book, and laid back."

cough

Is gon' be long day.

Cherokee_Cruiser

I remember having one CA brief being a very laid back guy (hint: if you have to brief you're laid back, YOU. ARE. NOT). Then in the first ~45 minutes in the flight deck before even push back, he proceeded to be the most un-laid back guys I've ever seen. Things like yelling at ops, catering, getting hissy with Dispatch and fuel load.

Sheesh, if that's you at your "laid back" , I'd hate to see your serious side.