Professional Standards?

Cloud Surfer

All Roads lead to Trantor
Is anyone involved with PS at their airline?

I would like to tread down that path; just looking for advice on things that I could do to make myself competitive.

What did you do to become hired? Was there something special in your background that appealed to PS personnel?

Sincerest thanks in advance

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Is anyone involved with PS at their airline?

I would like to tread down that path; just looking for advice on things that I could do to make myself competitive.

What did you do to become hired? Was there something special in your background that appealed to PS personnel?

Sincerest thanks in advance
Your airline doesn't have a professional standards committee.

Because you don't have committees.

Because you don't have a union.

You've got a chief pilot office.

Cloud Surfer

All Roads lead to Trantor
I'm involved in Pro Standards. If it has taught me anything, it is that grown ass men and women sure do act like children a lot.
I can imagine. PS sounds like a great learning opportunity. I hope you do not mind me sending you a PM in a bit.

ClarkGriswold

Non Nutritive Cereal Varnish Engineer
I'm involved in Pro Standards. If it has taught me anything, it is that grown ass men and women sure do act like children a lot.
This. And most of the people you deal with are lemons and do not change. So you’re just dealing with the 1%. Sometimes people will listen though but most of the time it’s the same damn people.

guywhoflies

Y'NO WUT IM SAYIN
Yeah yeah yeah...I definitely didn't come up with the term. If it were up to me we would call them ass@#$£€s.:p

Edit to add: I know we can totally say "ass" on here. I didn't realize adding the "hole" on the end would #trigger the filter. Maybe I will try "wipe" next time.

Cherokee_Cruiser

This. And most of the people you deal with are lemons and do not change. So you’re just dealing with the 1%. Sometimes people will listen though but most of the time it’s the same damn people.
Can't you set up a phone menu options for the repeat offenders to make your job easy? Like:

Thank you for calling Delta Professional Standards.

If this is your first incident with Captain Happy, please press 1.

If this is your second incident with Captain Happy, please press 2.

To report yet another incident with Captain Hollywood, please press 3.

For all other pilots, please press 4.

ClarkGriswold

Non Nutritive Cereal Varnish Engineer
Can't you set up a phone menu options for the repeat offenders to make your job easy? Like:

Thank you for calling Delta Professional Standards.

If this is your first incident with Captain Happy, please press 1.

If this is your second incident with Captain Happy, please press 2.

To report yet another incident with Captain Hollywood, please press 3.

For all other pilots, please press 4.
I don’t do PS anymore, that was at Compost. Every airline has a Capt Happy