Pro Pilot 2017 Survey Results

Polymox

I agree with most of the other posters here. My employer pays significantly above the high numbers on 5 of the 6 seats listed, and between average and high on the 6th.

SrFnFly227

When this survey came out, I was slightly below the average for my position. I received a $10k/year raise 2 months later that moved me to above the average.

Fast forward 6 months and I’ve accepted a new position with a new company. They offered above the high on the Pro Pilot Survey. I didn’t negotiate. That’s just what they offered and they said the reason is that they know that’s what it’s taking to get the pilots that they want to hire.

It’s a good time to be a pilot. I’d expect next year’s results are finally going to show some significant gains.

averettpilot

Its taking some companies way too long, and many others haven't even considered changing the compensation.
Yup. I’ve gone without a raise for almost 3 years and am being ignored about a salary review for going on 7 months. Some companies haven’t a clue. This one may get a education in the coming months.

Crockrocket94

Yup. I’ve gone without a raise for almost 3 years and am being ignored about a salary review for going on 7 months. Some companies haven’t a clue. This one may get a education in the coming months.
Even with 2-3 percent raises, its not enough to keep with the times. They need like some 30 percent raises to keep with it.