Pro Pilot 2017 Survey Results

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
As I do more research online, plenty of folks are saying the ProPilot survey traditionally is below the NBAA numbers by 10-15%. I guess I could see a less than honest flight dept. manager trying to finagle those numbers, but I'd guess there are pilots doing the same, so it should all average out.

SrFnFly227

I don't get all the hate for this survey. Most jobs that I have direct knowledge of pay at least close to the average numbers. Granted that's not a large sample, but it certainly seems to point to the average being, well, pretty average.

BigZ

I don't get all the hate for this survey. Most jobs that I have direct knowledge of pay at least close to the average numbers. Granted that's not a large sample, but it certainly seems to point to the average being, well, pretty average.
My experience on the subject is very limited, but the two 135 offers that were extended to me (and politely refused) were in line with the SIC average to low pay for the CE-550/560 charter
My new job isn't on the survey, even though I'd be interested in seeing a company that actually flies the Phenom 300 single pilot 135. It is a single pilot capable aircraft, but so are the CJs and they are on the survey. Insufficient data perhaps if you exclude NetJets?

SrFnFly227

My experience on the subject is very limited, but the two 135 offers that were extended to me (and politely refused) were in line with the SIC average to low pay for the CE-550/560 charter
My new job isn't on the survey, even though I'd be interested in seeing a company that actually flies the Phenom 300 single pilot 135. It is a single pilot capable aircraft, but so are the CJs and they are on the survey. Insufficient data perhaps if you exclude NetJets?
I take it you're a 300 FO? They probably don't list it because not enough people responded.

The full report shows that only 6% of the responses were from FOs. That's about 70 total across all of the planes. The 300 Captain pay is lower than I've seen jobs advertised for though. Seems like going rate is closer to, or just over, six figures and the survey shows a high of 81k.

BigZ

I take it you're a 300 FO? They probably don't list it because not enough people responded.

The full report shows that only 6% of the responses were from FOs. That's about 70 total across all of the planes. The 300 Captain pay is lower than I've seen jobs advertised for though. Seems like going rate is closer to, or just over, six figures and the survey shows a high of 81k.
I've seen 300 FO jobs advertised at the same ballpark as CE-500/525 series - 45-50k
Ours is a new shop and I'm brand new here, still wrapping up the initial indoc stuff. FO pay is closer to the survey average CA and not sure what CA pays or how it would correlate since ours are all very senior guys.
But based on the advertised 45-50k for the FO, I wouldn't be surprised if the posted CA figures do have some basis in the real world

IslandFlyer

Seems a little low across the board to me. I was actually surprised when I looked at the numbers.

I thought they'd be much higher than published.

BEEF SUPREME

Yep I agree 100%

It's also why I moved to 121

There seems to be a lot of "pay posturing" on the 91/135 side. People claiming they make way more than they do in casual conversation.

Anything I have knowledge about is 100% in line with the pro pilot #

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEEF SUPREME

I flew a HWD based Falcon 900 it didn't pay as well as the survey. I also was looking for something better for quite some time. I didn't find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
I’m above the high number for my airplane. Probably in line with the high if you apply a location factor. It’ll do for the moment.