Plane runs over and kills man at Moscow airport

BigZ

I read the original news on that.
Went something like "we hit sumthin', an animal or some chit. Gear's up and locked, so we just gonna keep goin'" "mkay, we gonna have a look. Damn son, that looks like it used to be human, but we gonna need a DNA test to identify the remains"
Ugly way to go. Don't run around the airports.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Has happened before unfortunately. I remember in 1990 at KPHX, when the Phoenix city drunk tank used to be located just outside the fence on the southwest side of the airfield.....where Swift Air is now......an Alaska Airlines 727 was taking off at night on 26L. A guy from the drunk tank had wandered off and onto the airport and the runway and was stumbling down the runway. 727 crew sees him in their landing lights at around 100 knots and tries to steer right to avoid him, but smacks him with the left main landing gear. Takeoff aborted, and the jet taxied back in with what was left of the drunk guy.

Boris Badenov

He comes to save the day in a broken truck.
They don't even have to be drunk. And you don't even have to be in motion. I may have told this one before, hard to remember with the Halfheimer's and all, but I had a dude get within a genital-hair's width of walking in to the prop of a Mitsi, once upon a time. I'm looking at him, he's looking at me. He's walking back to chalk the mains and I'm rapidly going from "ah, upon which couch shall I pick my nose today?" to "Hey, dude, wtf, stop walking, NO SERIOUSLY". It turns out that there's no obvious and universally recognized hand-signal for "STOP MOVING YOU MUPPET". Some presumably more experienced ramp rat buttonholed him at the last second but I swear it was inches. I'd already killed the fuel, but he would have been deader than disco if he'd gone a step or two further. I actually had nightmares featuring various scenarios of what person-bits would be flung where.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
They don't even have to be drunk. And you don't even have to be in motion. I may have told this one before, hard to remember with the Halfheimer's and all, but I had a dude get within a genital-hair's width of walking in to the prop of a Mitsi, once upon a time. I'm looking at him, he's looking at me. He's walking back to chalk the mains and I'm rapidly going from "ah, upon which couch shall I pick my nose today?" to "Hey, dude, wtf, stop walking, NO SERIOUSLY". It turns out that there's no obvious and universally recognized hand-signal for "STOP MOVING YOU MUPPET". Some presumably more experienced ramp rat buttonholed him at the last second but I swear it was inches. I'd already killed the fuel, but he would have been deader than disco if he'd gone a step or two further. I actually had nightmares featuring various scenarios of what person-bits would be flung where.
Yikes. I've never screamed louder than when I saw a new guy pull the gpu out of the nacelle on a C90 and almost forgot about the whirly bit 2 feet from his head.

BigZ

I guess the pass-the-basket-for-repairs approach didn't work...

View attachment 46029
TU-134 in Siberia.
It's Siberia. Like any other cold and nasty place, "cooperation ups the chances of survival" works there. Iced up taxiways, pax pushed the 134 in position, loaded up and left.
LOT cash deal - supposedly the mechanic in China or wherever that was wouldn't accept anything but cash and the company rep didn't have enough. Company reimbursed the pax upon arrival.