Piece of an airplane falls out of the sky in Las Vegas, scaring residents below

Cherokee_Cruiser

The anti-union guys sometimes have a almost religious conversion...usually after they're getting pinched for something they didn’t do.

During our ALPA drive we had an anti-union guy who was very vocal against the union. ALPA passes and we have a merger that adopts their CBA. He’s about 62 when he gets type 2 diabetes and is out for good, but now gets 50% salary til retirement. Now he’s very happy for ALPA and pilot contracts / protection. Under the old “work rules” he would have gotten paid for 12 months at 60% assuming he had a huge sick bank and then it would have been bye Felicia!

Even at VX ALPA passed with about 75% which means 1 in 4 was anti-union. My favorite were the US Airways guys. Man they were pissssssssssssed at ALPA. And they hated AWA.

mrivc211

The anti-union guys sometimes have a almost religious conversion...usually after they're getting pinched for something they didn’t do.
Or when they leave the regionals and go to the majors. They may not like the union when they get to the majors but all of a sudden they're less vocal about it because they know they're the minority and are afraid to get a lashing from everyone.

mrivc211

During our ALPA drive we had an anti-union guy who was very vocal against the union. ALPA passes and we have a merger that adopts their CBA. He’s about 62 when he gets type 2 diabetes and is out for good, but now gets 50% salary til retirement. Now he’s very happy for ALPA and pilot contracts / protection. Under the old “work rules” he would have gotten paid for 12 months at 60% assuming he had a huge sick bank and then it would have been bye Felicia!

Even at VX ALPA passed with about 75% which means 1 in 4 was anti-union. My favorite were the US Airways guys. Man they were pissssssssssssed at ALPA. And they hated AWA.
The US Air guys were pissed at the sun for rising everyday. They hated living period. I asked for a jumpseat once on US Airways way before the merger with AA, I'm talkin when they merged with Cactus. They looked at me as if I had screwed their wives.

Nark

Sheepdog
I just flew with a dude, who I’m pretty sure his old man was a Continental scab.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this dude would have crossed the picket line in 2010, if he was on property.

mrivc211

I just flew with a dude, who I’m pretty sure his old man was a Continental scab.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this dude would have crossed the picket line in 2010, if he was on property.
My dad and his best friend were flying for Yemenia in the early 80's for s short stint before it was a heaven for idiots. In 1985 when United went on strike, they flew in guys from all over to replace the pilots. You and me are old enough to remember attaining up to date information about an airline half way across the world was nearly impossible without the internet, specially if you live in Yemen. So my dad and his buddy show up to the interview and as they get out of the cab, United pilots are picketing outside HDQ and see them getting out of the cab. They rush over and start yelling and spitting at them. My dad has no clue wth is going on and tells his buddy to split. His buddy stayed and got hired that day. My dad got back in the cab and went back to the hotel. He stayed at Yemenia for another 2 years then got hired at Emirates in 1987. I asked him how he found out about Emirates and he said he was working the flight to Dubai from Sana one day and some British guy went upto the cockpit after they landed at DXB and offered them jobs on the spot at EK. The guy told them they're gonna be the biggest and best airline in the world and everyone will know where Dubai is in the next 10 years. My dad asked them what equipment they had. He said two B727's and one B737. The guy left the cockpit and my dad, his copilot, and F/E all laughed. The British guy was Tim Clark. His buddy retired from UAL on the DC-10 I believe.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Had a Lear lose an outboard MLG door once. Honestly I didn't notice it initially, I watched the airplane taxi in and something didn't look right but it took a minute or two to register, and the crew was completely unaware. Weird how it's easier to notice something wrong than it is something missing entirely.
Avant Air shoulda used that after their infamous 1/2 elevator flight(s). I'm pretty sure they just blamed the hookers and blow. ;)

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
My dad and his best friend were flying for Yemenia in the early 80's for s short stint before it was a heaven for idiots. In 1985 when United went on strike, they flew in guys from all over to replace the pilots. You and me are old enough to remember attaining up to date information about an airline half way across the world was nearly impossible without the internet, specially if you live in Yemen. So my dad and his buddy show up to the interview and as they get out of the cab, United pilots are picketing outside HDQ and see them getting out of the cab. They rush over and start yelling and spitting at them. My dad has no clue wth is going on and tells his buddy to split. His buddy stayed and got hired that day. My dad got back in the cab and went back to the hotel. He stayed at Yemenia for another 2 years then got hired at Emirates in 1987. I asked him how he found out about Emirates and he said he was working the flight to Dubai from Sana one day and some British guy went upto the cockpit after they landed at DXB and offered them jobs on the spot at EK. The guy told them they're gonna be the biggest and best airline in the world and everyone will know where Dubai is in the next 10 years. My dad asked them what equipment they had. He said two B727's and one B737. The guy left the cockpit and my dad, his copilot, and F/E all laughed. The British guy was Tim Clark. His buddy retired from UAL on the DC-10 I believe.
"Yemenia": That just cries out to be the stage name of the next R&B Hop Genius Voice of a Generation.

Prino

The US Air guys were pissed at the sun for rising everyday. They hated living period. I asked for a jumpseat once on US Airways way before the merger with AA, I'm talkin when they merged with Cactus. They looked at me as if I had screwed their wives.
That explains a lot about the AAL airbus drivers