Piece of an airplane falls out of the sky in Las Vegas, scaring residents below

Oxman

I'm betting the passengers could have been more scared. Video in link.

LAS VEGAS, Nev. — A door or panel from an airplane fell out of the sky on Thursday, sending residents below into a panic.
“I heard a smack, a smack over here and when it hit, it was loud,” Anthony Pitts told KTNV. “The first thing I did was run in the house. I’m not going to lie, I was scared. I thought it was a shooting, that’s how loud it was.”
According to the TV outlet, the Federal Aviation Administration said they did not know what type of aircraft the part came from. However, the Las Vegas Metro Police Department said it could have been from a contracted plane.
“I think they should inspect the planes more often,” said Alex Lopez. “Because we can’t be having that around! There are kids out here. What if another piece falls off and injures someone? ”
KTNV said there were no reported injuries and minimal damage.

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
Parts of a PA46 fell in North Carolina today. Not much other information yet.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
A Drakken company jet. Contract all-kinds-of-duties. They lost an A-4 on takeoff from LSV a number of months ago too.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
So let me see if I've got this straight. The hookers and gambling and blow are fine... Broke ass airplanes shedding parts... That's what it takes to get the good people of Las Vegas to care about their kids?? Hmm. Didn't see that coming
The hookers gambling and blow puts those kids through college

mrivc211

We had a big panel fall off a EMB120 inflight. The pilots didn't catch it on the preflight for the next 5 legs that day. They fired the FO. They were mad he wasn't doing the walk arounds. Kinda harsh if you ask me now that I look back.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
We had a big panel fall off a EMB120 inflight. The pilots didn't catch it on the preflight for the next 5 legs that day. They fired the FO. They were mad he wasn't doing the walk arounds. Kinda harsh if you ask me now that I look back.
Had a Lear lose an outboard MLG door once. Honestly I didn't notice it initially, I watched the airplane taxi in and something didn't look right but it took a minute or two to register, and the crew was completely unaware. Weird how it's easier to notice something wrong than it is something missing entirely.

Richman

Funny how the anti union guys are no where to be found when that stuff would happen but would ALWAYS be the vocal minority when the ALPA drive was going on. "Don't rock the boat man". Dude, its 2009, the boat sank during 9/11.
The anti-union guys sometimes have a almost religious conversion...usually after they're getting pinched for something they didn’t do.