People who chose to live next to an airport complain A320s are loud

Richman

Every time someone in the HOA starts frothing at the mouth regarding airplane noise, I dust off my petition to the HOA to ban Harley noise and any pickup trucks with more than 18” of ground clearance as well as my petition to the FCC for a ruling on restrictive antenna covenants.

They stop bothering me at that point.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Every time someone in the HOA starts frothing at the mouth regarding airplane noise, I dust off my petition to the HOA to ban Harley noise and any pickup trucks with more than 18” of ground clearance as well as my petition to the FCC for a ruling on restrictive antenna covenants.

Obligatory any time the topic of HOAs comes up....
4F46FC0C-F749-4582-8480-A067112422A4.gif

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member

Do you get the "loud pipes save lives!" argument, when you do? :)

Autothrust Blue

Ultra-low-cost member
I don't know, the last time I was there was in early 1996. But the city did a study back in the 90's where the consultant determined that crime would skyrocket because of the increased population so people backed off. The area was kind of "sketch" in the 90's, not sure how it is now.
Avoid east of THE 101 (Yes, THE 101...) if you want to live.

I live one mile east of love field right under the approach to the runways. The aircraft are hardly noticeable inside my townhome. The freaking crotch rockets and trucks though, so irritating.

You ROCK! Love doing that to people. My tag line refers to the late badass Pancho Barnes. What people might not know is that she kicked the Air Force's ass in court when they tried to condemn her property. She did it PRO SE! Before the internet, in Federal Court. I had a gem :sarcasm: neighbor try and block my easement. Being poor I had no choice. If we hadn't lost it in foreclosure we would have won the case. The "Gem" lost his keister to his lawyer. I mean he was wiped out. We walked and didn't look back. That experience has served me well over the years in situations like these. "Gem" or no "gem" that was gonna happen anyway. Now if someone wants to press-to-test my button I say bring it. You may get the ruling in your favor but I will see to it it's gonna cost you bigtime. However I will never file a meritless case, but people like that commit torts routinely.