Pax grabs controls on AK bush flight

little_cricket

Dealing with a frozen student, taught by my very small female CFI instructor to cover their eyes and they’ll let go. A person with a death wish will require some modification to this technique.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Many here wouldn't remember this 1983 movie that didn't get much fanfare and was made before many here were born or were infants. Never Cry Wolf. Pretty good movie where one character Brian Dehenny plays an old grizzled bush pilot in Alaska flying a U-6 Beaver. This Thread reminded me of this scene where he's taking the main character out to the wild.: :)

Many here wouldn't remember this 1983 movie that didn't get much fanfare and was made before many here were born or were infants. Never Cry Wolf. Pretty good movie where one character Brian Dehenny plays an old grizzled bush pilot in Alaska flying a U-6 Beaver. This Thread reminded me of this scene where he's taking the main character out to the wild.: :)

Fantastic movie.

Last edited:

I remember when I was working on my CFI and my instructor had me go through what I’d do if I had a student that either had a death wish, or locked up on the controls and wouldn’t let go. I’m glad I never had to put that plan into action.
LOL. When I was stumbling about the bush as a Pax in wee aircraft (likely many of the same serials still flying up there), it was almost often as not the pilot who put the plane into the dive and a Pax who recovered it. We always made sure the most qualified person sat shotgun. That way when the pilot fell asleep, got lost, went VFR into IMC, succumbed to delerium tremens, or starting asking about the goats in the clouds, at least we'd have a fighting chance.

ppragman

Direct Yeska
LOL. When I was stumbling about the bush as a Pax in wee aircraft (likely many of the same serials still flying up there), it was almost often as not the pilot who put the plane into the dive and a Pax who recovered it. We always made sure the most qualified person sat shotgun. That way when the pilot fell asleep, got lost, went VFR into IMC, succumbed to delerium tremens, or starting asking about the goats in the clouds, at least we'd have a fighting chance.
You worked for Norton Sound School District right? I forget.