Onto OEM #3

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Pro tip from a PC12 training pilot: The more you read Pilatus’s AFM, you will come to understand how terribly it’s written.
That’s too bad. Their maintenance documentation is spectacular.

And the systems descriptions are at least as good as anything else out there for GA.

The checklists and procedures are not awesome but GA checklists all suck because lawyers.

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
That’s too bad. Their maintenance documentation is spectacular.

And the systems descriptions are at least as good as anything else out there for GA.

The checklists and procedures are not awesome but GA checklists all suck because lawyers.
False.

The dehaviland products I was writing manuals for last winter were really well written - not modern at all, but we'll written and informative. The later model Cessna piston single manuals are well written as well.

Edit to add: the PC12 PIM is hot garbage. No seriously, it's the worst.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Glass with synthetic vision is far superior to steam gauges. If you think otherwise you’re smoking crack. Go back to flying brokeass Lear 35s, ya relic.

Also, if you want to compare reliability on 4 big LCD screens to either steam gauges or a tube efis like the legacy or a Lear 31....it’s not even close.
Lol. Breathe. The "steam gauges" quip was meant as contrapuntal hyperbole (sarcasm) in service of the point explained in the next several lines. The screens are fine. The FMS functionality is some of the best. The integration of info is pretty good. The interface sucks. Comprende?

That said, there does remain the issue of overkill. But hey, buy a new $40k steel, wood, cloth, and wire Citabria for ~$300k... IT'S GOT GLASS!
(Marketing Pro-tip: blame the bloated price on liability lawyers.)

Last edited:

T/O w/FSII

This is why the King Air 350 has a superior indicator for the pt6.

1000hp at 100% torque.

50% torque? 500hp

156% torque? 1560hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
It’s like using the metric system in America. It works better but I’m also die hard American. Not sure how to feel about it.
I'd love to fly a 350 though, super jealous of that, the 1900 was basically the most Billy badass airplane I ever flew.

The PC12 is decidedly better engineering, but the beechcraft stuff makes up for engineering weirdness with redundant systems, beefy equipment, and raw power. I miss beechcraft equipment.

gotWXdagain

Highly Visible Member
I'd love to fly a 350 though, super jealous of that, the 1900 was basically the most Billy badass airplane I ever flew.

The PC12 is decidedly better engineering, but the beechcraft stuff makes up for engineering weirdness with redundant systems, beefy equipment, and raw power. I miss beechcraft equipment.
Said nobody, when referring to a -21 C90B at 10k density altitude.

z987k

Aviation system of measurement = best unit of measurement.
We use most of the pressure units in aviation. The tires are in psi and kPa. The cabin pressure is in psi. The altimeter is in inHg and hPa. And hPa = millibar.

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
We use most of the pressure units in aviation. The tires are in psi and kPa. The cabin pressure is in psi. The altimeter is in inHg and hPa. And hPa = millibar.
I saw some formula the other day that used Rankine too lol.

deadpixel

Congrats! Honda is a great plane.

And it designation is totally out of sight, man. Like, High As 420, dudes! That designator alone should make your West-Coast rich-guy sales quota.

But does the G-money Toy FMS implementation in the HA420 descend all the way to the FAF, or still stop at the fix outside the FAF? Bwahahaha!

I just met some of GE's Honda drivers the other day at HPN, so I already know the answer. ;)
Hah honestly not sure..I know the Elite has new G3000 software and I'm not sure if they have a classic(I believe they do). I've only had one flight, but I'll ask/try on my demo on Wednesday!