• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Only took 19 years... but Hired!

Grabo172

19 years after starting my flight lessons...
17 years as a CFI...
13 years after joining JC...

Countless hours pondering, studying the industry...

Decided in March it was time to go for it. Went out and got my multi in April.

Yesterday I was given the pre-offer after the interview at Envoy to become an FO!

Midlife career change here I come!

Grabo172

No class date yet, still finishing my 1500 hours (but will have that by the end of November). Told them December 1st I'd be available for class.

Grabo172

Got the official word today that I passed Captain's Review Board and have the Conditional Offer.

Who else is Envoy here?

Do they do the medical exam/drug test in DFW?

Box hauler

No class date yet, still finishing my 1500 hours (but will have that by the end of November). Told them December 1st I'd be available for class.
17 years a CFI and still don't have 1500TT? Well it seems this has been a very part time job in the past but congrats on making this a career. Enjoy the ride and welcome to the ranks

Grabo172

17 years a CFI and still don't have 1500TT? Well it seems this has been a very part time job in the past but congrats on making this a career. Enjoy the ride and welcome to the ranks
Yeah, it was very part time for most of it. Did it on the side of my Navy and Nuclear careers.

BigZ

Yeah, it was very part time for most of it. Did it on the side of my Navy and Nuclear careers.
Nothing wrong with that
I've been flying for 12.5 years, coming up on 4 year CFI anniversary and 3 years of corporate, three SIC types on certificate and you'll still probably reach the 1500 hrs before I do.
Congrats!