Only good part of NASCAR is....

highspeed

the fly by.

I happened to be flipping through the channels and saw the 2 A-10's from Willow Grove PA, though the race seemed to be in GA.

MikeD, was that you.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
the fly by.

I happened to be flipping through the channels and saw the 2 A-10's from Willow Grove PA, though the race seemed to be in GA.

MikeD, was that you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not me. I'm active out of Tucson. The Willow Grove Hogs are Pennsylvania Air Guard. First time I'd seen Hogs used for a NASCAR flyby. Usually F-16s or F/A-18s.

MD

blee256

What are you talking about??!!

Nascar is so awesome. at least winston cup is. I cant stand watching busch or craftsman trucks series.

-Brian

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Usually F-16s or F/A-18s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn prettyboys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Flybys are about all they're good for. hehe.

MD

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
What are you talking about??!!

Nascar is so awesome. at least winston cup is. I cant stand watching busch or craftsman trucks series.

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

#20/Stewart?

MD

PS. Monster trucks are cool too. Mainly cause I get free tix.

blee256

Tony Stewart is alright, but I am all about #24 Jeff Gordon! Ricky Craven is one of my favorites as well. we'll see how he does this season in a ponitac.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
Tony Stewart is alright, but I am all about #24 Jeff Gordon! Ricky Craven is one of my favorites as well. we'll see how he does this season in a ponitac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interested to see how the Pontiacs run. What is there only 2 or 3 on the field this year?

I like Marlin for one reason; getting out on the track to fix a bumper while under a red flag and right behind the pace car.

MD

Mavmb

Does everyone know what Nascar stands for? It stands for National Association of Stupid Crazy A$$ed Rednecks! Ha, sorry. That's wrong I know.

turbojet28

NASCAR is the best thing on earth besides flying and greasy pizza. I am a HUGE Rudd fan (hense the 28, but now i should switch it to 21)--I go to the June Michigan race every year and don't miss a race on TV. It is the best. The flyovers are even cooler in person b/c high up on the grandstands, they come right at you and you are like eye level with a F-16 that is headed right at you!

MissedApproach

[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone know what Nascar stands for? It stands for National Association of Stupid Crazy A$$ed Rednecks! Ha, sorry. That's wrong I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I agree, I can't stand NASCAR!

gnx99

Ha Ha NASCAR sucks!

Face it, oval tracks are lame.

The cars are slow as dirt, and the technology is barely out of the 1930's.

WRC and F1 are where its at!!!

An F1 car:

1350 lbs
Carbon Fiber Honeycomb Frame/Body
3.0 liter V-10
>900 hp at 19,000 RPM
7 speed sequential manual gearbox
Carbon Fiber Brake Rotors

According to Ferrari, if their F1 car was set up for an oval superspeedway (gearing, aerodynamics), it would do over 300mph.

Snow

'Not a new member'
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't watched much NASCAR since Dale Earnhardt died. Its just not the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree, although I haven't watched it over the last few years cause we didn't re-subscribe to cable after we moved. Haven't watched much tv at all really, you just can't got back to regular tv after having cable.

zombie5225

"Does everyone know what Nascar stands for? It stands for National Association of Stupid Crazy A$$ed Rednecks! Ha, sorry. That's wrong I know. "

NASCAR actually stands for Non-Athletic-Sport-Centered-Around-Rednecks.

FLYMcDoofer

But the Truth of the matter is that these "Non Athletic Rednecks" make millions and their wives and girlfriends are as hot as they come! I will take being a Redneck and Non Athletic to get some of that action Jeff Gordon is getting in on anyday!

avi8tor

blee256- it is good to see another J.Gordon fan. Gordon fans are few and far between. I have been watching stock car racing for 20 years, and each year it gets more exciting. Every year I go to Daytona, and Taladega. Although the fly by's are cool, the race is more exciting. [ QUOTE ]
I like Marlin for one reason; getting out on the track to fix a bumper while under a red flag and right behind the pace car.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was probably the funniest thing I ever saw at Daytona. [ QUOTE ]
According to Ferrari, if their F1 car was set up for an oval superspeedway (gearing, aerodynamics), it would do over 300mph.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's impossible, a car going 300 mph around a track. The car wouldn't stick to the track, it would hit a wall. Race cars that go 300 mph are straight track cars, or salt flat cars.
[ QUOTE ]
Face it, oval tracks are lame.

The cars are slow as dirt, and the technology is barely out of the 1930's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea stock cars that are running 186-200 mph at Daytona, Atlanta, and Taladega are really slow.If you think that stock cars are still using technology from the 1930's you better take another look at stock car racing.

ready2fly

Why is it that when I hear the term NASCAR - I hear the "Dueling Banjo's" song from "Deliverance" ringing in my ear?????

Don't understand the thrill of watching a bunch of good-ol'-boys making a series of left turns at high speed for hours on end.

May be just me though.

Eagle

Non-Athletic-Sport-Centered-Around-Rednecks

Non-Athletic-Sport-Centered-Around-Rednecks

hahahahahahahahah!

true true

Anyway how hard can it be. Follow the guy in front of you, pass him before the finish line, Repeat untill no one is in front of you, win race, have photo taken with a billion baseball hats on, and pound a mellow yellow followed by a miller beer chaser.

gnx99

1930's Technology

Steel Tube Frames..
Carburators...
OHV Engines
4-Speed manuals
Solid Rear Axles

BTW, I think Ferrari engineers know what they're talking about with the 300 mph.