1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oman Air

Discussion in 'Expatriate Aviation' started by jetjockey69, Jan 22, 2016.

1. jetjockey69

jetjockey69 Well-Known Member

Has anyone got updated news about oman air. Interview question and sim???

I hear that I have to pay the agent a large amount of money for screening non refundable (4000usd) and pay for your own ticket to the screening.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. Stone Cold

Stone Cold Well-Known Member

Why would you ever consider doing something like that? It's not standard practice out there to pay for attending an interview. Good companies will pay for you to travel to the interview.

typhoonpilot, Skåning and jskibo like this.
  3. Mohand

Mohand Well-Known Member

He is probably talking about a third party agent that coordinates interviews with the airline ( which the airline is probably paying )
    it is common practice among Flying Jobs Brokers to charge exorbitant amounts of money under the pretext of a guaranteed interview with a prestigious airline ...
    Nowadays, with the shortage of pilots , i would urge everyone in the industry to throw this in the Trash :))

4. typhoonpilot

typhoonpilot Well-Known Member

Sadly there are a bunch of Indian kids with Comm-Inst-Multi and maybe a 737 type rating who are willing to pay this crap. These "brokers" are preying on those kids. Under no circumstances should you ever pay $4000 for an interview.

TP

jskibo and Stone Cold like this.