Oh Kalitta

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
And this story is over a week old. Cool with “Oh XXXXX” but at least be within a couple days. Statute of limitations and all.

Might as well start some “Oh TWA” or “Oh Braniff” (if TWA still stings some).
You know... It occurs to me that "Oh, Braniff!" might be a pretty good, all-purpose, polite-company expletive. :) Polite, but with a bit more emphasis than, say, "Oh, Shucks!"

Well said!

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Jeepers. I'm sure glad it wasn't a terrorist who made his way onto the the runway - UNNOTICED ... what with the amount we squander on that, er, imperative for safety.
TSA- keeping our airports safe from scum, but not from garbage.
Is the TSA responsible for flightline and airfield security? What does airport ops and LAXPD do now? :)

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Is the TSA responsible for flightline and airfield security? What does airport ops and LAXPD do now? :)
Yeah, you're right, of course. I'm just pre-configured to go after TSA any chance I get. And to point out the, er, obvious(?) flaws in the system. ;)

Last edited:

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
This thread should really be “Oh LAX.” Seriously how in the F did a DUMPSTER get all the way onto the runway??!
Riiiight?!? That may actually be the most effed up aviation event I've ever heard of. A Dumpster? On the Runway? At LAX? .... Really?!? If ever there was a "WTF, over?" moment, this is it.

Cherokee_Cruiser

When it takes out the nose gear and you have a strut scraping along the runway, I believe that constitutes “above 80 it’s we will abort for engine fire, failure or THE AIRPLANE WONT FLY.”
Is there a pic? Article said two blown out tires, were they deflated or completely torn off and down the rims, the struts?

The airplane can fly with 2 blown tires, right?