oh Delta

GypsyPilot

We all make mistakes, and I admit I’m certainly capable of someday misunderstanding something and having a pilot deviation.

But one thing I’ve always tried to do to mitigate that threat is maintain strict radio phraseology at all times. In my opinion, that guy demonstrated pretty weak radio discipline, which lends itself to these types of errors.

Cherokee_Cruiser

A real runway excursion video (and I’ve posted many of this channel’s videos regardless of airline), but it turns to a “this is just Delta bashing.”

*points to his hip in the area where a wallet would go.
It may sound surprising to you, but there are pilots out there who it would not make financial sense to go to Delta because they’d never recuperate the loss of earnings. Regardless. What does this have to do with a runway incursion?

Cherokee_Cruiser

We all make mistakes, and I admit I’m certainly capable of someday misunderstanding something and having a pilot deviation.

But one thing I’ve always tried to do to mitigate that threat is maintain strict radio phraseology at all times. In my opinion, that guy demonstrated pretty weak radio discipline, which lends itself to these types of errors.
Agreed. It’s a crew breakdown. Presumably the CA is taxiing in and the FO is on the radios, it takes 2 to tango. One last potential to trap the error would be the clear left / clear right before crossing the runway. The tower cleared the other Delta to takeoff 22R, it should have been visible.

It’s not the first incursion of someone landing on 22L and going across 22R without clearance and sadly won’t be the last.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
Agreed. It’s a crew breakdown. Presumably the CA is taxiing in and the FO is on the radios, it takes 2 to tango. One last potential to trap the error would be the clear left / clear right before crossing the runway. The tower cleared the other Delta to takeoff 22R, it should have been visible.

It’s not the first incursion of someone landing on 22L and going across 22R without clearance and sadly won’t be the last.
nice work columbo

Dphoenix

Love lasagna, hate mondays
this is also why tower is supposed to enforce a read back of all hold short instructions
She did, it was just before this recording started, she actually told them to hold short a second time when asking about the gate, and that's when the VASaviation clip started.