OBAP

jhugz

#lighttwin Mafia
Anyone got some insight on the OBAP conference? Trying to hit the career fair circuit again for Brown and Purple. Is it a well put together event and career fair? Looks like it’s a multiple day event but is the career fair just the first day?

Diamnd15

link to the schedule, CONFERENCESCHEDULE

looks like the career fair is two days, 7/31 and 8/1

I've only attended NGPA, but if its anything similar, expect to wait in long lines to see the legacy carriers, including brown and purple...

DE727UPS

Best of luck. If you have any questions about Brown fire away. Currently a 12 year upgrade. Purple is much faster I suspect. I'm out at 60 and I just read our average age of retirements is 62 right now.

statusseeker1

Best of luck. If you have any questions about Brown fire away. Currently a 12 year upgrade. Purple is much faster I suspect. I'm out at 60 and I just read our average age of retirements is 62 right now.
1.5-ish years for the 757. 3-ish for the Airbus I think.

Cherokee_Cruiser

I’m happy where I’m at, but at my age, it’s probably a poor decision to stay put and not try for one of the power 5. If one of them call great, if not my current gig isn’t too shabby.
How old are you and how much longevity at the current gig?

Avalon781ML

I am a little worried about putting all my union positions on my app. At some point the recruiters go...this volunteering stuff is good...to...this guy is going to be a pain in our collective asses.
I wouldn't worry about listing union positions at all. It shows that you are willing to go above and beyond the normal line pilot duties, volunteer your time to assist/aid others, and depending on the position it shows that you can play nice with management which means you can deal with (sometimes) difficult situations.