• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OBAP 2017

B767

They fly the 787s and are a Norwegian company
Shuttle is the 737 operator out of Ireland
Really? Because I thought NAI was a subsidiary of NAS and they're the ones flying 737 out of Ireland. After all, what was the whole "denyNAI" campaign about then?

Norwegian Long Haul AS is also a subsidiary of Norwegian Air Shuttle. They're the ones that operate the 787.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
Really? Because I thought NAI was a subsidiary of NAS and they're the ones flying 737 out of Ireland. After all, what was the whole "denyNAI" campaign about then?

Norwegian Long Haul AS is also a subsidiary of Norwegian Air Shuttle. They're the ones that operate the 787.
Yeah, you're right. Hadn't had coffee yet, my b

Cptnchia

Dissatisfied Customer

You're right. My bad.

Depends.

A happy airline employee group is a profitable airline employee group.
Is that really true though? Happy or sad, it's not like we'd do the job *that* much differently because after all it's our butts in those seats too. Sure there are customer service aspects, the little stuff, like calling for fuel when you still aren't fueled yet with 20 mints to go, call catering, etc. It seems at least since post 9/11 that when the economy goes bad, bankruptcies/concessions/paycuts happen, employees aren't happy, but the airline's profitability is down because the economy is down. Not because employees are happy or sad. And when it turns around, economy goes up, and when fuel goes down, lots of profit, contract rounds make significant gains, and employees are happy. Just a different perspective.

If the big 3 stop doing OBAP job fairs, isn't OBAP going to take a hit on membership numbers and fees collected?

FlybyLaw

If there is no passes at this fair, is it just stand in line to speak to the recruitment teams? Any further information on this event?

v1valarob

If there is no passes at this fair, is it just stand in line to speak to the recruitment teams? Any further information on this event?
"Registered attendees will be given a priority access number, printed on your badge, based on the date and time that you register for the event. It is advised to register early!"

This is all I see. Ive never been to a career fair before but Im going to assume that in the beginning of the fair everything is ordered by this priority access number. Then after that its a wait in line process.