Norwegian Air Faces Collapse

Ummmm false.

American ULCC's are doing über well.
Ryan Air, Easy Jet etc... Quick look at their yearly and Q3 reports. Doing fine.

Alpa's a bit hypocritical, kill them off unless they want to pay us money.
I think he is referring to long haul ULCCs.
@ASpilot2be, he gets it. This guy gets it!

But yeah, was referring solely to the European long haul ULCC's, seeking to provide service the states... wasn't an attack on your airline. Chill.

I think outside of JC, and even many here, no one knows or cares what these places are/were. So long as someone isn't on a scab list, they should be fine. And none of the above.....solely for working at the above places....should be. At all.

And, for what it's worth, it's pretty bad karma to celebrate when a fellow industry professional loses their job. What goes around, often does come around. Things were pretty darn rosy on 10 Sep 2001......

Yup. I still get crap for jetU and that was almost 12 yrs ago in 2007. The industry has since moved on. And your second point is so true! I wouldn't crap on them. I don't doubt that they had also applied to DL, AA, UA, SW, AS, etc. and never got any calls. Then Norwegian calls and off they go. Most pilots are simply trying to move on and provide for their families, not look in the mirror and gloat to themselves about cutting the big 3 carriers or whatever ALPA's talking point is. And no, they aren't scabs. The S word is reserved solely for those who cross a picket line. No picket lines were crossed.

Now ALPA has a campaign against Air Italy, flying from Milan MXP to cities in the USA all because Qatar owns ~50% of them and so it's still an attack by a ME3 conglomerate. Seriously, I can't even keep up anymore.

Yup. I still get crap for jetU and that was almost 12 yrs ago in 2007. The industry has since moved on. And your second point is so true! I wouldn't crap on them. I don't doubt that they had also applied to DL, AA, UA, SW, AS, etc. and never got any calls. Then Norwegian calls and off they go. Most pilots are simply trying to move on and provide for their families, not look in the mirror and gloat to themselves about cutting the big 3 carriers or whatever ALPA's talking point is. And no, they aren't scabs. The S word is reserved solely for those who cross a picket line. No picket lines were crossed.

Now ALPA has a campaign against Air Italy, flying from Milan MXP to cities in the USA all because Qatar owns ~50% of them and so it's still an attack by a ME3 conglomerate. Seriously, I can't even keep up anymore.
To be fair, you deserve to get crap over going to the Trump University of aviation.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
To be fair, you deserve to get crap over going to the Trump University of Aviation
Well, he's at a mainline, so he did something right.

"See that guy? He flew for Feeedom A!"

"Flew for who?"

"Feeedom A, he flew for them!"

"Who is Freedom? An airline?"

"It's that airline Ornstein started up"

"Who is Ornstein?"

Ancient history that few people even remember, or care about, due to its relative insignificance. Even though it was treated at world-ending career-wise back then.

Well, he's at a mainline, so he did something right.

"See that guy? He flew for Feeedom A!"

"Flew for who?"

"Feeedom A, he flew for them!"

"Who is Freedom? An airline?"

"It's that airline Ornstein started up"

"Who is Ornstein?"

Ancient history that few people even remember, or care about, due to its relative insignificance. Even though it was treated at world-ending career-wise back then.
He also wants to rage quit said “major” so he can continue to live in New Jersey. I’m not sure his judgement has improved.

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member

Well you remember they made the big deal about the settlement and the ME3 agreed not to start those routes. So they buy “49%” and do it anyways.

DenyNAI = GoodbyeNAI ?
Norwegian followed up with a statement of its own, saying "This is pure speculation."

"Pure speculation". Lol. Kinda demands answering a crucial question.
Were they referring to how NAI's management and investors view their own enterprise? ... Or were they referring to analysts' opinions of NAI's current finances?

v1valarob

We have a former NAI Pilot at C5 in new hire class currently. He’s now an ALPA Pilot. In a year he’ll be off probation and will be contributing to the same pot the rest of the ALPA dues paying members pay into.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
We have a former NAI Pilot at C5 in new hire class currently. He’s now an ALPA Pilot. In a year he’ll be off probation and will be contributing to the same pot the rest of the ALPA dues paying members pay into.
I mean, I'm not saying this is exactly the same thing, but there are Continental scabs flying at United, who are dues paying ALPA members.

They're still scabs.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
"
Pepperidge Farm remebers.

Also... 10 years is hardly ancient history.

The douchnozzels (can i say that?) that jumped the list from TSA to GoJets at the beggining, or even the ones that were hired there while Transtates was furloughing may have made it on at Delta because nobody cares, but they are still douchnozzels for doing so.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Pepperidge Farm remebers.

Also... 10 years is hardly ancient history.

The douchnozzels (can i say that?) that jumped the list from TSA to GoJets at the beggining, or even the ones that were hired there while Transtates was furloughing may have made it on at Delta because nobody cares, but they are still douchnozzels for doing so.
Agreed. What I was trying to say is that while 10 years isn't mega-ancient history, there seems to be so many people who do not know the story, that these guys have been mostly unaffected it seems. Or like you say, no one cares at these places.

v1valarob

I mean, I'm not saying this is exactly the same thing, but there are Continental scabs flying at United, who are dues paying ALPA members.

They're still scabs.
I’ve re-read my post about 5 times to make sure, but I never mentioned the S word.

My comments are more stating that things at NAI must be pretty bad if you’re going to jump ship to C5. But I’m happy that this pilot has and is now an ALPA Pilot.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
I’ve re-read my post about 5 times to make sure, but I never mentioned the S word.

My comments are more stating that things at NAI must be pretty bad if you’re going to jump ship to C5. But I’m happy that this pilot has and is now an ALPA Pilot.
You're correct, you didn't, that was me.

I'm drawing a parallel. I'm saying even though some NAI guys are paying does, it doesn't change what they did. Same as Continental scabs are paying dues. Paying dues now does not absolve past actions.