Norwegian Air Faces Collapse

Flyinthrew

Are the Americans that decided it would be a good idea to work there going to be able to find a job with a US carrier?

I'm still an outsider, but from what I've seen it would seem that they would have a very hard time. Not scab level impossible, but still unlikely.

z987k

Are the Americans that decided it would be a good idea to work there going to be able to find a job with a US carrier?

I'm still an outsider, but from what I've seen it would seem that they would have a very hard time. Not scab level impossible, but still unlikely.
Probably depends how crappy the job is. If they were willing to work there, I'm sure they're willing to work for some other scumbag operation.

I heard the same about Gulfstreamers, original Freedom, initial GoJetters, etc.

From what I saw, they did fine. If these guys are the US citizens who are based in FLL and PWM, they'll most likely do just fine in the HR-driven world of pilot hiring.

Adler

Low-Level Individual

I posted in another thread about it, but alpa had a blurb about them in the magazine a few months back. NAI is friends of alpa ever since they tried to give money and join.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
I heard the same about Gulfstreamers, original Freedom, initial GoJetters, etc.
I think outside of JC, and even many here, no one knows or cares what these places are/were. So long as someone isn't on a scab list, they should be fine. And none of the above.....solely for working at the above places....should be. At all.

And, for what it's worth, it's pretty bad karma to celebrate when a fellow industry professional loses their job. What goes around, often does come around. Things were pretty darn rosy on 10 Sep 2001......

Autothrust Blue

Ultra-low-cost member
I think outside of JC, and even many here, no one knows or cares what these places are/were. So long as someone isn't on a scab list, they should be fine. And none of the above.....solely for working at the above places....should be. At all.
I literally cannot be arsed myself, and I have some pretty strong opinions about the business.

But mostly, I'm tired of the businessmen. We pilots are just here to move the metal.

nibake

Powder hound
Ummmm false.

American ULCC's are doing über well.
Ryan Air, Easy Jet etc... Quick look at their yearly and Q3 reports. Doing fine.

Alpa's a bit hypocritical, kill them off unless they want to pay us money.
Proliferating in South America, as well.