Non revving around Europe

Cherokee_Cruiser

I bought ZEDs on Air Berlin/flyNiki and Aer Lingus. It seemed pretty straightforward and checking in on Air Berlin/Niki I could actually pick the seats online the day before. Those were seats the next day. Of course myIdtravel showed a green similie face for the flight so I assumed it would have worked out. From what I’ve seen after having nonreved to and within europe several times now, nonrevving there is easier than in the States.

Finny

If you have KLM/Air France is highly recommend ZEDing on them. Stupid easy and helpful crews.

That and if you don’t have a plan b, you don’t have a plan a...

Jordan93

Check confirmed seat prices. Sometimes they’ll just be a little more money than a ZED and you’ll get a guaranteed seat. Also remember that the jumpseat is solely up to the captain so if you’re in a bind, try to talk to the captain. My girlfriend was able to sit in the cabin jumpseat at his discretion from Zurich to Paris.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Also remember that the jumpseat is solely up to the captain so if you’re in a bind, try to talk to the captain.
The cockpit jumpseat is restricted in several EU countries (UK for sure, most Scandivian countries), but the canine jumpseats are often fair game. I spent 3 hours jammed into the aft gallery jumpseat of a BA 321 from Romania to London last year.

saxman

I’ve found that you can checkin at most kiosks now. But if you can’t many of the big hubs have a staff checkin area so you avoid the lines. AMS had one for KLM and FRA had one for Lufthansa. Just ask around where it might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk