Non Rev to Japan

Eagle421flyer

We love it just went in October. It’s very easy and I don’t remember any of the times I’ve gone having to show a return ticket. Go and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
I was curious if I need to buy myself a myIDtravel ticket or can I just list for the jumpseat (if I have a jumpseat agreement on that airline) from US to Japan? I have to buy my wife the myIDtravel, but I've never gone international without purchasing tickets or riding on company passes.
As long as you have an agreement with the carrier you should be able to jumpseat. American can be strange as they have a separate international jumpseat list. You'll have to pay taxes (generally at the ticket counter), but otherwise you'll be good to go.

z987k

What are the must do or just really cool things in Tokyo you enjoyed? We were also thinking of catching the train to Kyoto.
I highly recommend getting out of Tokyo if you have the time. Rural Japan in general really cool. Not that Kyoto is rural.
Hokkaido is by far my favorite. Find some Ainu culture, ski, the Sapporo ice festival, or later this year the cherry blossom festivals. Some great fly fishing up there to.
And the food. All of Japan. The food.

RORO

What are the must do or just really cool things in Tokyo you enjoyed? We were also thinking of catching the train to Kyoto.

There is so much to see and do in Tokyo. The temples are awesome - tokyo temple, bamboo forrest, the giant buddha in kamakura. Robot restaurant is a fun time also.

This bar is one of my favorite bars in the world, second floor across from outback steakhouse in shibuya. About $9 USD and its all you can drink for an hour and a half. You have to serve yourself but they have beer machines that pour the beer for you. Japan, 〒150-0042 Tōkyō-to, Shibuya-ku, Udagawachō, 33−12 J+RビルサイドR3F

Stumble to bridge bar after.

Eat ALL the food. Ichiran is my favorite ramen but there's so many different places.

I think we spent a few hours the first time we went in a 7-11. So much stuff! Also, there's no open container laws so feel free to grab a couple roadies :)

Last time we went, we picked up international driver's permits beforehand to go to MariKar where you can dress up as characters and drive mario carts around the city. Highly recommend it!
20170330_172206.jpg

If you are not going to have service there, download the city map on google maps because the train can be a little confusing.

There is so much to see and do in Tokyo. The temples are awesome - tokyo temple, bamboo forrest, the giant buddha in kamakura. Robot restaurant is a fun time also.

This bar is one of my favorite bars in the world, second floor across from outback steakhouse in shibuya. About $9 USD and its all you can drink for an hour and a half. You have to serve yourself but they have beer machines that pour the beer for you. Japan, 〒150-0042 Tōkyō-to, Shibuya-ku, Udagawachō, 33−12 J+RビルサイドR3F

Eat ALL the food. Ichiran is my favorite ramen but there's so many different places.

I think we spent a few hours the first time we went in a 7-11. So much stuff! Also, there's no open container laws so feel free to grab a couple roadies :)

Last time we went, we picked up international driver's permits beforehand to go to MariKar where you can dress up as characters and drive mario carts around the city. Highly recommend it!
View attachment 41555

If you are not going to have service there, download the city map on google maps because the train can be a little confusing.
Ichiran is glorious

JordanD

Honorary Member

View attachment 41555

Sidenote for anyone who doesn't have an international data plan normally, most plans have a temporary one you can add. I have AT&T and I think it was just $10 a day for each day you used it internationally, short trip so it was worth it for me. The GPS can be a little finicky with it though, spent a lot of time walking in circles the wrong way trying to get google maps to work in Tokyo. But you see cool crap along the way.