• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Newest FNG

Rotorhead451

Found this site almost by accident, but it feels like I fell into a good one. Gonna do lots of reading and not much posting for awhile. Started flying in the Army in 1965, both helicopters and fixed wing. Did ATC for the FAA for five years, then transferred into the GADO in 1980, retired from the FSDO in 1994. Now I sit at home and look out the window, read a lot, and have done some Long Distance Motorcycle riding in the Iron Butt Ass'n

Glad to be here, and good to listen to the banter of pilots again.

Last edited:

Rotorhead451

Penny is our 8-year old rescue from a puppy mill in LA.

My motorcycle rides over the past 20 years have mostly been Iron Butt rides. Did all 48 (lower) States in nine days. Did a ride from SDO to JAX in 48 hours. Not so much anymore, what with old guy issues

poser765

Penny is our 8-year old rescue from a puppy mill in LA.

My motorcycle rides over the past 20 years have mostly been Iron Butt rides. Did all 48 (lower) States in nine days. Did a ride from SDO to JAX in 48 hours. Not so much anymore, what with old guy issues
Jesus, 48 in 9 days? I couldn't do that even in my prime...

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
FSS Airport Traffic Advisory. And I'll raise you a DF Steer.
FSS ATAs, the only place I remember those was long ago at both KIPL and KDUG, when they had FSSs on field (don't know if IPL still does, but DUG doesn't).

Gotten a DF steer once for practice, when the old KPHX FSS was doing nothing one quiet night there at Sky Harbor. :)

I'll see your bet, and raise you Stage I, II and III terminal radar services. :)

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Found this site almost by accident, but it feels like I fell into a good one. Gonna do lots of reading and not much posting for awhile. Started flying in the Army in 1965, both helicopters and fixed wing. Did ATC for the FAA for five years, then transferred into the GADO in 1980, retired from the FSDO in 1994. Now I sit at home and look out the window, read a lot, and have done some Long Distance Motorcycle riding in the Iron Butt Ass'n

Glad to be here, and good to listen to the banter of pilots again.
Glad to have you
8f2c1cd5bac64f833f5d4b84da689c395618c01172efd944789d813f514f51b9.jpg

(Sorry if I've missed a few new guy annoucements, hoping to get this meme out every time)