New taxiway’s at ATL

KLB

I never knew why until I did a little research and then “Hot damn, no wonder!” The deeper question is, who enjoyed his work “in spite of” versus “because of” his bigotry?

I don’t care what they name SNA or even if they keep it as long as we’re having a conversation about it.

“THEY’RE COMING FOR OUR SYRUP!”

Seriously, lets talk about why that needed to happen, grab some coffee, let’s chat.
I've had this discussion on a fairly popular pilot group for non airline pilots the other day. Let's just say that it's a huge echo chamber full of individuals that have a strong set of ideals with very little diversity. They are all up in arms about the proposal to change the name. I post the quotes of John Wayne to show why maybe he isn't very representative of the community and their retort is "the guy isn't allowed to have an opinion" or "that was long ago..."

It is honestly not a key issue for me. I'd much rather that we focus on Police Reform (which apparently has been pushed to the back burner] than focus on the racist history of this Country. I do believe we eventually need to rid ourselves of all that. I'm certainly happy how active people are about becoming aware and widening their historical perspective. But let's not lose sight of the main goal here. I hate to see this turn into another "Rodney King" ending.

Autothrust Blue

"Blakeley's face was grave."
I've had this discussion on a fairly popular pilot group for non airline pilots the other day. Let's just say that it's a huge echo chamber full of individuals that have a strong set of ideals with very little diversity. They are all up in arms about the proposal to change the name. I post the quotes of John Wayne to show why maybe he isn't very representative of the community and their retort is "the guy isn't allowed to have an opinion" or "that was long ago..."

It is honestly not a key issue for me. I'd much rather that we focus on Police Reform (which apparently has been pushed to the back burner] than focus on the racist history of this Country. I do believe we eventually need to rid ourselves of all that. I'm certainly happy how active people are about becoming aware and widening their historical perspective. But let's not lose sight of the main goal here. I hate to see this turn into another "Rodney King" ending.
Taxiway D is pronounced "DEFEATED."

jweldon

“Member”
I’m pretty sure CVG also has this affliction but it’s been awhile so maybe I’m mixing it up with another airport

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
I haven't been there in years, but I think that's right. It's almost as if it's a safety thing and totally unrelated to worshipping the confederacy as @Autothrust Blue would have us believe in his state of intense butthurtedness.