New taxiway’s at ATL

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
their reasoning is that it’s a Delta hub so saying “delta” could be confusing. My reasoning is that Georgians are a special kind of person.
That would make a lot of sense if they only landed and departed at Atlanta. I don’t see other Delta hubs calling their taxiways Dixie. If it’s that big of a problem eliminate taxiway D.

Imagine LAX or JFK controllers saying Dixie.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
That would make a lot of sense if they only landed and departed at Atlanta. I don’t see other Delta hubs calling their taxiways Dixie. If it’s that big of a problem eliminate taxiway D.

Imagine LAX or JFK controllers saying Dixie.
hence the second part of my post lol

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
What came first, Delta Airlines or the phonetic alphabet?

Seems like someone screwed up.

A Life Aloft

Civilian Patriot
Oh geez lol! I think I was gone by then but ya know, it actually wouldn’t surprise me if Dixie’s days are numbered. If saying ‘Delta’ was an issue then they should have just named it another letter altogether from the beginning :tinfoil:
Let nothing astonish you any longer........"they" want to re-name John Wayne airport now. :confused:

A Life Aloft

Civilian Patriot
Then the OC needs to return the millions of dollars he poured into the county and the cities back to his foundation. Will they get rid of his cancer foundation and the school that he founded and built for disabled children? Will they tear down the John Wayne Cancer Institute in Santa Monica?

Tear everyone down....Washington, Jefferson, Junipero Serra, Lincoln, Columbus, a Texas Ranger statue, various confederate Military members, Don Juan de Onate, Juan Ponce de Leon, Lee, Teddy Roosevelt and more thus far. Only the beginning. Look for the names to change on schools, streets, parks, buildings, Military bases, shopping malls, museums, all sorts of venues. Duke bourbon can just be re-named to "that guy" bourbon. Mt. Rushmore will be next.

Last edited:

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
We can have individual conversations about all of those things. But I think it's pretty clear that a guy who is in print, just a few decades ago, espousing blatantly racist beliefs, doesn't deserve to have a public anything named after him.

greg1016

Trustworthy Source
We can have individual conversations about all of those things. But I think it's pretty clear that a guy who is in print, just a few decades ago, espousing blatantly racist beliefs, doesn't deserve to have a public anything named after him.
Next up, reverting DCA back to it's proper name
Fun fact, my parents didn’t let me watch John Wayne movies growing up.
You didn't miss anything

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
You didn't miss anything
I never knew why until I did a little research and then “Hot damn, no wonder!” The deeper question is, who enjoyed his work “in spite of” versus “because of” his bigotry?

I don’t care what they name SNA or even if they keep it as long as we’re having a conversation about it.

“THEY’RE COMING FOR OUR SYRUP!”

Seriously, lets talk about why that needed to happen, grab some coffee, let’s chat.