New Camera Search

bike21

9-5 Ruins Lives
Well, after more research and too many YouTube reviews...the LX10 was the winner. The focus stacking, fast lens, bit of zoom, value for the money & ergonomics were the deciding factors. Looking forward to shooting with it next week.

And nice pics @Adler

SurferLucas

Southern Gentleman
Well, after more research and too many YouTube reviews...the LX10 was the winner. The focus stacking, fast lens, bit of zoom, value for the money & ergonomics were the deciding factors. Looking forward to shooting with it next week.

And nice pics @Adler
There's something to be said about a true "hand held"...yesterday I found myself out with my 60D and 28/300 (which is a great combo, don't get me wrong)...but I was in a great spot for a wide angle, but my 10-22 was in the car...so I was left with a shot I loved, but could have been better.

I keep going back to "Do I need something more versatile?"...(#firstworldproblems)

Can't wait to hear about how you like the LX10. (I'm still sore about Nikon cancelling the DX)

bike21

9-5 Ruins Lives
There's something to be said about a true "hand held"...yesterday I found myself out with my 60D and 28/300 (which is a great combo, don't get me wrong)...but I was in a great spot for a wide angle, but my 10-22 was in the car...so I was left with a shot I loved, but could have been better.

I keep going back to "Do I need something more versatile?"...(#firstworldproblems)

Can't wait to hear about how you like the LX10. (I'm still sore about Nikon cancelling the DX)
Yep, I've been there in the past with my other camera/lens setups too. This should make a great everyday carry and a good companion when the Fuji comes out to play.

Ozelot

Minneapolis TRACON
Revival of a old thread. I'm interested in switching into Fuji, thinking XT-2 or XT-20. I feel like I fell to deep into the interwebz and am reading some negative things about the x-trans Sensors regarding "snakes" and "waxy" looks. The more I read the more I think it's just elitist pixel peepers talking about it and it's nothing really. Any Fuji guys here have any thoughts? Just looking for a nice camera for everyday life..not professional work.

Adler

Low-Level Individual
Revival of a old thread. I'm interested in switching into Fuji, thinking XT-2 or XT-20. I feel like I fell to deep into the interwebz and am reading some negative things about the x-trans Sensors regarding "snakes" and "waxy" looks. The more I read the more I think it's just elitist pixel peepers talking about it and it's nothing really. Any Fuji guys here have any thoughts? Just looking for a nice camera for everyday life..not professional work.
Still nothing but love for my X100t. Such a powerful little camera.

bike21

9-5 Ruins Lives
Yeah, pixel peeping nerds fo' sure. The X-Trans sensors are great and you can often spot a photo from a Fuji with ease (that's a good thing).

The LX10 has been good but not great. Had to send it back already to have the automatic lens closure/cover warrantied without a ton of use. Fav shots have been mainly macro oriented like the one below. Perhaps it's just me but I don't feel overly stoked to shoot with it. Kinda wish I'd stuck with the X100 series to be honest. Oh well, X-T3 is rumored this fall along with a new 15-45 pancake lens which would go great on an X-E3 or even my current X-T1. So with my new plane and international flying coming shortly I'll likely be changing my weekly camera game up yet again. Good hobby/problem to have :)

Ozelot

Minneapolis TRACON
Yeah, pixel peeping nerds fo' sure. The X-Trans sensors are great and you can often spot a photo from a Fuji with ease (that's a good thing).

The LX10 has been good but not great. Had to send it back already to have the automatic lens closure/cover warrantied without a ton of use. Fav shots have been mainly macro oriented like the one below. Perhaps it's just me but I don't feel overly stoked to shoot with it. Kinda wish I'd stuck with the X100 series to be honest. Oh well, X-T3 is rumored this fall along with a new 15-45 pancake lens which would go great on an X-E3 or even my current X-T1. So with my new plane and international flying coming shortly I'll likely be changing my weekly camera game up yet again. Good hobby/problem to have :)

Your Lego Dude Instagram is fun to follow. I think I'm sold on switching to Fuji. I just have to decide, I forget the XE-3 is what first intrigued me.

I lug around a 5D MK 3 and honestly it's just to big to use regularly for me, I don't really enjoy shooting with it, and it's a little advanced for my skill set. It's in near mint condition as well as the 24-105 L I purchased for it, so I can easily use that to pay for a Fuji.

I was originally thinking the XE-3 with the 23mm lens they kit with it, then I started reading on the XT-20 and XT-2. I think I'd be happy with any of those.

Last edited: