Natural Supplements

I have a low testosterone level and I am wondering if there are any natural supplements available approved by the FAA for use? I have researched the benefits of higher levels and feel this should be available without prescription drugs ( I am reluctant to take prescribed medication due to so many goofy side effects). Thanks.

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
I have a low testosterone level and I am wondering if there are any natural supplements available approved by the FAA for use? I have researched the benefits of higher levels and feel this should be available without prescription drugs ( I am reluctant to take prescribed medication due to so many goofy side effects). Thanks.
Doc might weigh in, but just wanted to point out increased exercise and certain dietary changes can help with this.

gliderboy

Strenuous physical exercise such as weight lifting, cross fit, surfing, riding bicycles up hills, etc. might be of help.
And of course, cut out the sugar, refined carbs, etc. Basically, if it tastes good spit it out.
We don't put low quality fuel into our airplanes, why put it into your body?

Last edited:
Hypogonadism and testosterone therapy are both accepted by the FAA. That being said going to natural route is less tested. As you know there is no "official" list of approved medications, and OTC supplements are even more vague. Once you decide on a specific supplement I would run it up the chain with a phone call to the regional flight surgeon or your AME and see if it creates friction.

Aaron Florkowski, MD
FAA Designated AME
www.kansascityame.com