Most confusing question on an online application ever goes to...US Airways

wheelsup

"I hereby certify that I have not had an aircraft accident or aviation violation, which was the subject of investigation by Federal, State or Local Government Agency."

Yes
No

WTF?

YES, I certify that I have not had an accident would be how I would answer, but you have to wonder what they mean by this

Why not just say "Have you ever had an accident...etc etc etc"

Yes
No

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I read it as "have you wrecked a jet that we're going to hear about during the background check"?

Sent from my TRS-80

cmhumphr

I think it'll be a great place to go once the dust settles, if it settles. Plus the pilot group is old to the point where you would be a senior Captain on a A330 flying from Philly to Tel Aviv in about 20 years.

Cav

Former Maddog Whisperer
Not sure I see what is so confusing about the question? Seems to me they are actually trying to take the confusion OUT of the question. Basically have you had a reportable accident which was therefore investigated and have you ever received a letter of investigation regarding a possible violation of FAR's. What am I missing?

darrenf

resident denizen
Not sure I see what is so confusing about the question? Seems to me they are actually trying to take the confusion OUT of the question. Basically have you had a reportable accident which was therefore investigated and have you ever received a letter of investigation regarding a possible violation of FAR's. What am I missing?
I hereby certify that I have not had an aircraft accident
Then when he answers YES (which would mean he did NOT have an accident) , it asks him for details on the accident.

skyw82

"I hereby certify that I have not had an aircraft accident or aviation violation, which was the subject of investigation by Federal, State or Local Government Agency."

Yes
No

WTF?

YES, I certify that I have not had an accident would be how I would answer, but you have to wonder what they mean by this

Why not just say "Have you ever had an accident...etc etc etc"

Yes
No

I remember that question as well. It caused me some stress but I answered Yes.
For what it's worth I got the interview and the job so it must have been correct.