Moe, Larry, & Kurrle

statusseeker1

Looks like the infamous Florida AME is under some heat for his medical exams. I got one from him a while back when I lived in the area and I can understand why airline guys commute to DAB to get a medical there. Buyer beware!

statusseeker1

FAA sent out a letter to everyone that got their medical from him in the past five years. They will have to be retested. I guess they didn’t like the way he tested!

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
FAA sent out a letter to everyone that got their medical from him in the past five years. They will have to be retested. I guess they didn’t like the way he tested!
Who? What? Where? When? Why? How?

You’ve made two Vaguebooks posts about this and forgot most of the details. Could you elaborate on this ?

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
The March 6, 2019, edition of FastRead notified members of a reported problem with airman medical certificates issued by a Florida aviation medical examiner (AME), and a FastRead Newsflash published on March 8 provided additional details. At the time of those publications, ALPA was not privy to the identity of the AME in question. However, this week, the FAA's federal air surgeon, Dr. Michael Berry, informed the Association that the AME is Dr. Robert Kurrle, MD.

Dr. Berry also provided ALPA with the template of the letter that is being sent to all examinees of Dr. Kurrle who still hold valid medical certificates. These letters are presently being mailed from the FAA's Civil Aeromedical Institute in Oklahoma City, Okla. If you receive this certified letter from the FAA, please contact ALPA's Aeromedical Office at

Skåning

I went to him once a few years ago on a layover. It was in his hanger in spruce creek and he was rockin shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. Seemed like a nice enough guy, it was funny though that after peeing in the cup he just dropped it in the trash without test it.

BigZ

I went to him once a few years ago on a layover. It was in his hanger in spruce creek and he was rockin shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. Seemed like a nice enough guy, it was funny though that after peeing in the cup he just dropped it in the trash without test it.
I used to go there when I lived in the area. To the best of my memory he'd actually throw a test thingie into the pee. Exams were expeditious, but he'd go through the motions.
At any rate, guess it's a good thing that my last couple of exams were from a different AME.