• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mesa?

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Quiet here.. Enough regionals hiring but Mesa bases works better for me.

With the new contract the pay looks acceptable.

Time to jump in for a year?

(Need jet time before going overseas)
Still a lot of things in that contract that lacks QOL. Met a few people there...seems the trend is to move on laterally to other regionals, not vertically. You can get jet time everywhere and better pay everywhere. If base is your only factor, do what you gotta do.

Quiet here.. Enough regionals hiring but Mesa bases works better for me.

With the new contract the pay looks acceptable.

Time to jump in for a year?

(Need jet time before going overseas)
If PHX is your goal, Compass just announced the opening of a PHX base. If it's another Mesa base then there are a lot of other options.

I'm a pilot who has been away from flying for a # of years. I'm actually planning on applying to Mesa once I get my BFR/IPC done. Hoping for DFW as well....

They are on the list also.
If DFW is your goal, then make Envoy the regional you really focus on.

I know everyone in this industry goes on and on about how commuting to work is "soul crushing" etc... But I've been commuting for a few years now and it actually usually means more nights at home for me than if I lived in base because I can bid for and pick up trips with overnights where I live. Just something to think about. Some airlines aren't worth working for even if it means living in base.

F50driver

So other options I have are TSA and PSA. The issue is that the type of airplane won't help me overseas.

Compass... I will try again but I haven't heard anything yet.

Envoy.... Correct me if I am wrong but I guess you cannot be sure if you get the crj or erj.

So mesa erj and IAH base works for me.
Health insurance I am aware of. Junior manning I get that too.

What else are the obstacles I am looking at for let's say; 8 months maximum 1 year?

Why in the heck do you want to go overseas? Pay is set to rise substantially at all of the US airlines... Thqt combined with the terrible QOL most overseas airlines offer is enough to make any rational person want to steer clear.

F50driver

Because I live there..

But hey Mesa rejected me ;-)

No DUI's, no checkride failures etc..
Guess I don't fit there.

What is so negative (or terrible) about overseas that makes you think I am not making a rational choice?

Sure Ryan air is dealing with a big exodus. Monarch collapsed etc.. But there are plenty of others.

There is finally a shortcoming of pilots but not even close yet like in the USA.

But it will be..