Mesa Ordering Mitsubishi’s

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
So for the laymen among us, what is scope?
Contractual language in mainline pilot contracts that tie the number of RJ’s to a percentage of mainline jets. Currently, United can’t add anymore 76 seaters unless they buy more narrowbodies. I think 50 seaters are limited to 90% of the mainline NB fleet. Plus or minus variables...

chrisreedrules

Master Blaster
Meanwhile they’re month-to-month on their United flying contract and as of November American will have exercised the performance penalty clause and removed 7 total CRJ900s from American flying. Stock prices down over 30% last quarter. I feel some sort of Hail Mary coming...

BigZ

Contractual language in mainline pilot contracts that tie the number of RJ’s to a percentage of mainline jets. Currently, United can’t add anymore 76 seaters unless they buy NEW narrowbodies. I think 50 seaters are limited to 90% of the mainline NB fleet. Plus or minus variables...
FIFY
More narrowbodies won’t count. Needs to be something new. Like A220 or E2 or whatever new. MAX didn’t count.

BigZ

Meanwhile they’re month-to-month on their United flying contract and as of November American will have exercised the performance penalty clause and removed 7 total CRJ900s from American flying. Stock prices down over 30% last quarter. I feel some sort of Hail Mary coming...
I’ve got a gut feeling that the evil bean counters are priming to try and “recycle” a regional pilot group to see how many they lose.
Buying regionals is nice and dandy, but these also tend to be top heavy with lifers and high longevity pilots. Sooner or later someone will want to try to reset the counter.

chrisreedrules

Master Blaster
I’ve got a gut feeling that the evil bean counters are priming to try and “recycle” a regional pilot group to see how many they lose.
Buying regionals is nice and dandy, but these also tend to be top heavy with lifers and high longevity pilots. Sooner or later someone will want to try to reset the counter.
Transfer the flying. Force the pilots to look for work elsewhere. Inevitably some will end up at other regionals thus restarting the climb up the seniority list. And if they’re DFW locals they’re likely only going 1 place...

Beefy McGee

Contractual language in mainline pilot contracts that tie the number of RJ’s to a percentage of mainline jets. Currently, United can’t add anymore 76 seaters unless they buy more narrowbodies. I think 50 seaters are limited to 90% of the mainline NB fleet. Plus or minus variables...
Scope also limits the maximum aircraft weight and number of passenger seats that can be put at a regional. This prevents a carrier from putting a 100 seat jet at a regional with regional salaries / labor cost instead of putting it at a mainline. I believe the 86,000 lb max weight for a regional is tied to the weight of the smallest DC-9 variant back in the day. Bigger than that, it must go to mainline. It prevents mainline from cutting jobs at mainline by putting capacity at the regionals where they paid peanut wages.