Mesa-Gateway Incident

ppragman

Direct Yeska
Does a Pilatus normally require a run-up before take-off? If so is it possible someone was relying on a parking brake?
You can’t takeoff with a clear annunciations panel without doing at pusher test at least. You can do them on the taxi but you’d better be paying attention.

Boris Badenov

He comes to save the day in a broken truck.
Native Air Ambulance used to be a separate company with its own PC-12s and Bell 206Ls. Acquired by Air Methods, you still see some marked as Native Air, just as you see TriState Careflight marked helos which are now Air Methods too.

Air Methods.....not a very impressively managed company from everything I've seen.
To be pedantic, Native was acquired by Omniflight, which was then acquired by Methods. AFAIK, they kept the Native branding to maintain the illusion that they had some connection to the locals other than taking their (or the gummint's) money for airplane rides. And yes, the management at Methods is pretty much uniformly a ship of fools, all 50,000 of them. It still somehow managed to be a great job, though it often felt like in spite of everyone's best efforts.

A150K

Now part of Air Methods I think. They fly PC12s and some kind of RW. When I was instructing out of Willie I got to ride along a few times up to the Rez to pick up patients. Really cool kind of flying.
Used to do rez runs for one of their competitors. Fun job

Boris Badenov

Pretty hard to feature a scenario in which he or she wasn't in the wrong, at least in part (I suppose a controller could conceivably get dinged here, too). And yeah, my money would be on chugging along at Medevac Taxi Speed whilst doing the pusher test or fiddling with the GPS.

Although I should append that there's no obvious indication that it's a Native Air or Methods airplane. I'd be pretty surprised if they sprung for a composite prop...on the other hand they're full of stupid surprises.

n156499000

Titanius Anglesmith
According to AZCentral.com,

“The larger of the two planes, a Pilatus PC-12/45, a single-engine turboprop passenger and cargo aircraft, is registered to Daylight Nightlight EZ Flight LLC, a Scottsdale-based company.”

Always amusing reading the names of LLC shell companies.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member

“The larger of the two planes, a Pilatus PC-12/45, a single-engine turboprop passenger and cargo aircraft, is registered to Daylight Nightlight EZ Flight LLC, a Scottsdale-based company.”

Someday when I have the expendable capital to get my own airplane, it's going to be registered to "THIS IS MY SHELL CORP LLC"

n156499000

Titanius Anglesmith
Hard to tell from the photos but the 172 looks like it could be N976SP. That bird was one of the first to be painted in ASU colors when ATP got the contract. I did my Commerical Single Add-On in that plane just beforehand it was repainted, then did my CFI Single Add-On in it right after it got back from the paint shop a month later.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
To be pedantic, Native was acquired by Omniflight, which was then acquired by Methods. AFAIK, they kept the Native branding to maintain the illusion that they had some connection to the locals other than taking their (or the gummint's) money for airplane rides. And yes, the management at Methods is pretty much uniformly a ship of fools, all 50,000 of them. It still somehow managed to be a great job, though it often felt like in spite of everyone's best efforts.
That's true, I'd forgotten about the Omniflight connection.

I know some about their flight operations. I hear a lot regarding their MX challenges and just how the program is run. And the management of their medical side is non-standard in different areas, and completely different from PHI and Lifeline here....in unnecessary depth and scope, as opposed to other companies and even other parts of their own company.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun

Fairly certain the native air would be registered to MethHeads?

Boris Badenov

Yeah without getting in to too much unnecessary depth for the rest of the people on the thread, the medical side is a disaster, AFAICT. I had limited contact, as I was flying my normal hitch with a hospital program, and THEIR medical side was totally squared away and awesome. But I did enough workover out west to recognize that their medicoes A) Weren't exactly the creme de la creme and B) thought they ran the show. I was fortunate in that I didn't have to deal with them on a regular basis, so could just say "screw off" when they started explaining my job to me or expressing let's call it "a strong desire" to bust regs. If I'd been on a community ship full time I think I would have a lot less praise to give. But my job was fantastic.