MEL help: AA and it's regional partners

flygirl142

This is for anyone that is currently working in AA dispatch or any of its subsidiaries or regional partners. I am trying to put together some training materials for my airport. Could you send me some tail #s that currently have MELs that require station action on arrival (or something that doesn't necessarily require action but the station should be aware of)?
Thanks

A1TAPE

Not at AA but can tell you that one MEL we call stations for is APU INOP, APU GEN INOP, APU FUEL MELs, they require ground power and air start carts.

flygirl142

Not at AA but can tell you that one MEL we call stations for is APU INOP, APU GEN INOP, APU FUEL MELs, they require ground power and air start carts.
Ideally you all do, and we appreciate it. I have however had times when they called the shift before and no one passed the word. We do have the equipment we need but it's not stored by the gate, so it's nice to have a head's up so it's in place ahead of time.
Same thing goes for overwing/gravity fuel. Most of the time, dispatch calls. Sometimes they are busy and can't or forget (most of you are human, I think). Even though the fueler can tell when they get there, if we've got a 25 min MOGT on a 145 then having to take the time for the fueler to call a second truck almost guarantees a delay. If I can let them know ahead of time, it just goes more smoothly.

flygirl142

This is something you should be calling dispatch at one of the partners to obtain.
Just trying not to bug people while they've got lots going on. I thought it might be easier to just put it out there and if someone wanted to help, they could-strictly voluntary. Just trying to keep myself productive while I wait for the inevitable call that Sheffield is cancelling the April class.

paincorp

Just trying not to bug people while they've got lots going on. I thought it might be easier to just put it out there and if someone wanted to help, they could-strictly voluntary. Just trying to keep myself productive while I wait for the inevitable call that Sheffield is cancelling the April class.
So many flights have cancelled, they should be able to help right now. I had less than 30% of my normal workload today.

flygirl142

So many flights have cancelled, they should be able to help right now. I had less than 30% of my normal workload today.
I just know I had to call the shift manager for one subsidiary multiple times this morning to figure out what was going on because we couldn't get through any other phone lines and got our release at D-6. At that point, I shelves my plans to call and reached out here. :)
I'll start calling tomorrow or later tonight I guess. I just hate bugging people.

flygirl142

Actually, I decided to just pull every tail number and pull the most recent release until I find what I'm looking for.
Oh the things you do when you're at less than 30% of flights running.

BayouMLU

Ideally you all do, and we appreciate it. I have however had times when they called the shift before and no one passed the word. We do have the equipment we need but it's not stored by the gate, so it's nice to have a head's up so it's in place ahead of time.
Same thing goes for overwing/gravity fuel. Most of the time, dispatch calls. Sometimes they are busy and can't or forget (most of you are human, I think). Even though the fueler can tell when they get there, if we've got a 25 min MOGT on a 145 then having to take the time for the fueler to call a second truck almost guarantees a delay. If I can let them know ahead of time, it just goes more smoothly.
When I worked airport ops, I always read the MELs off the release that's usually available 60 mins prior to ETD. When we had questions about an MEL, we called the dispatcher via the phone number on the release.

Altimeter

Just call dispatch and ask the DECS entry to look at MELs for a tail number. I’d just post it, but not 100% sure if that’s allowed.

A1TAPE

Just call dispatch and ask the DECS entry to look at MELs for a tail number. I’d just post it, but not 100% sure if that’s allowed.
DECS? why not just read the MEL actions out the book? If its APU MEL then just hook up the GPU and airstart.

flygirl142

Thank you. I know it was an odd question. I was making sample releases to put in a book for training purposes. Since I'm supposed to (one day) be leaving for dispatch, they asked me to put together an "Ops for Dummies" book. I finally literally pulled up each tail number until I found an example of each type of MEL I wanted to find. It took forever, but it gave me something to do since our flights were cut back drastically.

It may be forever before I can transfer to dispatch (if I pass my class in a couple of weeks anyway), but I'm glad I hadn't already done it. I'd be at the bottom of the seniority list if I had. For now, I'm about Midway up, so hopefully safe from furlough at my airport.

Altimeter

DECS? why not just read the MEL actions out the book? If its APU MEL then just hook up the GPU and airstart.
1st. They want to know what MEL is on the a/c looking it up in the book doesn’t tell if you if it’s applied to a certain a/c.
2nd they might not have access to the Mel book.

delavega

Thank you. I know it was an odd question. I was making sample releases to put in a book for training purposes. Since I'm supposed to (one day) be leaving for dispatch, they asked me to put together an "Ops for Dummies" book. I finally literally pulled up each tail number until I found an example of each type of MEL I wanted to find. It took forever, but it gave me something to do since our flights were cut back drastically.

It may be forever before I can transfer to dispatch (if I pass my class in a couple of weeks anyway), but I'm glad I hadn't already done it. I'd be at the bottom of the seniority list if I had. For now, I'm about Midway up, so hopefully safe from furlough at my airport.
i have all that information you’re looking for. I’ll email it over to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azmedic

Do the AA regional stations have access to AA Sharepoint? MEL/Restrictive MEL/INOP seat information is all entered into sharepoint by each Eagle carrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro