Meigs Field 2.0?

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
very cool...BUT with whats on there now, it brings in way more money...

tomokc

Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley bulldozed Xs into the runway under cover of darkness, violated an FAA order, stranded aircraft on the field, then paid a fine. Meigs was on property owned by the Chicago Park District, run by Daley's wife, Maggie, who had plans to expand onto the airport. It's the Chicago way.

BobDispatch

very cool...BUT with whats on there now, it brings in way more money...
"Today the space is mostly unused as a concert venue and hard to reach park yielding only $55 thousand dollars to city operations. When it was opened as an airport, it contributed between $300 million and $500 million income per year. "

Nope an airport would still be a much better use of the land.

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
If those were actually the numbers it would have been rebuilt years ago

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
The irony is that had this been some other airport in some other state where this happened to, and one not featured on Microsoft flight sim 1.0, no one would've noticed or cared.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
The irony is that had this been some other airport in some other state where this happened to, and one not featured on Microsoft flight sim 1.0, no one would've noticed or cared.
That’s literally the only reason I even know it exists lol

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
Flight Sim 1.0 that I had on Macintosh had SFO as the default airport.

trafficinsight

The fight over SMO has gotten a lot of attention and if they were to carve up the runway overnight there outrage would again ensue.

Though, if anything, Meigs being so well known brought attention to the disappearing airport problem, would I'm not sure why we're complaining here...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk