man has trouble maintaining altitude, airspeed, localizer, glideslope...

tbflyer

Nothing special, but it illustrates something about Jerry and IFR procedures. In the most recent trip from OAK back to AUN, he is given the NIMITZ SID to Sacramento. He responds by asking if he can just have a 315 degree heading instead of the NIMITZ.

The NIMITZ is a radar vector SID with an initial 315 degree heading.
We all get a little lost with our heads in the clouds, for Jerry it’s every flight

averettpilot

Nothing special, but it illustrates something about Jerry and IFR procedures. In the most recent trip from OAK back to AUN, he is given the NIMITZ SID to Sacramento. He responds by asking if he can just have a 315 degree heading instead of the NIMITZ.

Yeah, but it doesn’t apply to 33 which is what he wanted....cause he’s all about saving taxi time and tires...unless he’s doing 360s on the runway to check for traffic

JordanD

Honorary Member

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
There's a remark he made that I don't understand as he's on final...

"That would have overstressed the autopilot if I'd tried to fly that approach coupled..." (presumably referring to the vectors.)

Is that a thing? Overstressing the A/P?

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
There's a remark he made that I don't understand as he's on final...

"That would have overstressed the autopilot if I'd tried to fly that approach coupled..." (presumably referring to the vectors.)

Is that a thing? Overstressing the A/P?
I've had things happen that cause the autopilot to turn itself off, but it's usually turbulence or wake.