man has trouble maintaining altitude, airspeed, localizer, glideslope...

Wait, you do ops too?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Ramp Control for 1/4 of the airport and manage all the gates, bag belts, and counters in terms A/G and everything that goes with that. Just today, I had to write 2 violation reports for late tow offs, write reports for 9 international flights that held 30-90 minutes for gates(avoid SFO folks), coordinate a Hawaiian A330 LAS-HNL diversion, from notifications to finding a place for it to park to re-arranging the terminal around it and figuring out what to do with the broken jet, to coordinating repair and construction projects requiring gate/jetbridge closures and the like...all on top of ramp control.

Not to mention I was ALONE up here from 1700-1930 through most of that BS...

We are one of very, very few ramp towers that do both. It sucks when you consider we get paid like $15-20/hr less than most towers that do just ramp control, BUT, good things are happening(the airport wants to directly take over) and I may very well fall into a city job...which is bad because if I made $80k+ doing this with 3 days off per week and 2+ months of paid vacation per year, would I really put up with starting at a regional or being the FAA's pawn for a decade? It'll be hard to beat the roll out of bed 30 minutes before work and show up in basketball shorts lifestyle if the money was right, no doubt.

Last edited:
Ramp Control for 1/4 of the airport and manage all the gates, bag belts, and counters in terms A/G and everything that goes with that. Just today, I had to write 2 violation reports for late tow offs, write reports for 9 international flights that held 30-90 minutes for gates(avoid SFO folks), coordinate a Hawaiian A330 LAS-HNL diversion, from notifications to finding a place for it to park to re-arranging the terminal around it and figuring out what to do with the broken jet, to coordinating repair and construction projects requiring gate/jetbridge closures and the like...all on top of ramp control.

We are one of very, very few ramp towers that do both. It sucks when you consider we get paid like $15-20/hr less than most towers that do just ramp control, BUT, good things are happening(the airport wants to directly take over) and I may very well fall into a city job...which is bad because if I made $80k+ doing this with 3 days off per week and 2+ months of paid vacation per year, would I really put up with starting at a regional or being the FAA's pawn for a decade? It'll be hard to beat the roll out of bed 30 minutes before work and show up in basketball shorts lifestyle if the money was right, no doubt.
Wow, That's a crazy workload!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Adler

Low-Level Individual

But still enough time to wish me a happy shark week.

Also I’ve started saying Ahoy to tower.

I honestly have no idea how Cape Air flies their airplanes. Don’t much care, either. Part 121 airlines have safe flying operations down to a science. I’ll stick to their ways instead of some hot shot’s, thanks.
Airlines have standardization of training down to a science, just as McDonald's has producing hamburgers down to a science. So, that's good for them. But there are plenty of other, very different ways to fly safely, just as there are plenty of other ways to make a hamburger. Beware a limited perspective; It's typically a common factor in aviation accidents and bad food.

Airlines have standardization of training down to a science, just as McDonald's has producing hamburgers down to a science. So, that's good for them. But there are plenty of other, very different ways to fly safely, just as there are plenty of other ways to make a hamburger. Beware a limited perspective; It's typically a common factor in aviation accidents and bad food.
:bounce: