man has trouble maintaining altitude, airspeed, localizer, glideslope...

SquatThrust

They're still to the west of the field, north of McKellips and west of Greenfield. For nearly 2 decades, you could still make out the shape of the C-54 (DC-4) that had the runway overrun accident in 1979, as described here:

https://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/when-a-long-roll-leads-to-a-short-demise.119067/#post-1646729
Oh, cool. I lived just over on Power Rd for a few years. Never knew about the C-54, though. I’m guessing it was once one of the C-54s that were rotting away on the field for years after?

I’m not really judging anyone, but no accident is caused by one thing. I don’t know why people get divorced, but it doesn’t just come out of the blue in most cases. In any case, how this thread meandered onto divorce is beyond me.
Jerry’s wife should get out before he kills her in an airplane.

(There! Thread back on track! LOL!)

The original video that started this thread could work. Also screencap some of his comments that he’s replied to.
That's true.
While the vids are improving, the flying is retrograding.
So much for the "more-experience-makes-you-better" theory.
As I've tried - largely fruitlessly - to point out previously, more bad experience just make you better at being worse.
Jerry is the poster child of that theory.

jweldon

You know, I just had a thought.

The FAA isn't going to do a thing about this until he kills someone, but is there any way to find out who his insurance underwriter is?
Don't think so. I submitted a FOIA request for the radar track and radio communication data from Norcal approach concerning his latest awful ILS video though, so hopefully I could persuade someone from the FSDO to give him a 709 ride with some hard data. Someone could maybe call each of the large insurers but they'd have to be pretty charismatic to get someone on the phone to listen to them or divulge whether or not they insured him.

You know, I just had a thought.

The FAA isn't going to do a thing about this until he kills someone, but is there any way to find out who his insurance underwriter is?
Or...... is there any way to get the NYT's to show this thread to the FAA (and the populace) after he kills someone?? Little helps in a land of "fake news". Kings have killed messengers for milliennia. It's only recently that the practice has gone largely unrenounced.

MidlifeFlyer

That's true.
While the vids are improving, the flying is retrograding.
So much for the "more-experience-makes-you-better" theory.
As I've tried - largely fruitlessly - to point out previously, more bad experience just make you better at being worse.
Jerry is the poster child of that theory.
Jerry worries me mostly because he reminds me of someone. The guy was a decent stick and fun to be with. But he was a VFR pilot who regularly scud ran. Did it for years, despite warnings from friends.

Then one day, he was flying into Amarillo with his wife... :(

1527855222806.jpeg