man has trouble maintaining altitude, airspeed, localizer, glideslope...

JeppUpdater

It's not quite ship shape, it resides in Southern California. It was a driver when I parked it due to an engine knock. I've put some good money into it but I just don't have the enthusiasm to finish it in my spare time. It's like 90% done with a partial restoration, I haven't painted it, but it does have a fresh lump from Heritage Garage. It hasn't run in 10 years. Make me an offer that I cant refuse and it's yours.
I’m in SoCal and wouldn’t mind taking a look...would make a fun wine country car.
You remind me of the Albuquerque Center controller who gave me an RNAV arrival for San Diego, to whom I responded I couldn’t do them (ancient Falcon with a GNS-XLS).
Long pause. “Ahhhh...” Another pause. “Ya know what, I’ll let LA deal with that one. You’re cleared direct San Diego.”

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
I’m in SoCal and wouldn’t mind taking a look...would make a fun wine country car.

You remind me of the Albuquerque Center controller who gave me an RNAV arrival for San Diego, to whom I responded I couldn’t do them (ancient Falcon with a GNS-XLS).
Long pause. “Ahhhh...” Another pause. “Ya know what, I’ll let LA deal with that one. You’re cleared direct San Diego.”
When I was at Tyndall and we worked Approach for ECP I used to offer the Delta MD88 direct ATL every day so just he had to come back with “we’re /w unable direct”. It was cruel but I enjoyed it.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
I don't know how to respond to this. I'm sitting at home contemplating what I might enjoy for dinner, I have lots of options. Your offer of a direct routing carries no weight with me.
Haha didn’t mean it in a deprecating manner, merely that I wouldn’t expect you to be abento tell if you got direct or not.

DogwoodLynx

The study appears to deal with a two-step process of hot water followed by glycol. That's obviously not Jerry.

When I've seen it done as a 1-step process, all it was really doing is speeding up the natural melting/sublimation process, not really using it as a deice fluid. It's not the equivalent of hosing down a 737 with water and then with fluid.

Take a light airplane in a sunny semi-arid climate, and turn it so the leading edges are into the sun. Within 10 minutes or so, even on a day below freezing, the frost will melt into a consistency which can be wiped off with a towel. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

All a spray bottle with hot water - we're not talking about a garden hose here - does is speed it up so you can get to the towel faster.

With Jerry, of course, you never know. The sun is low, so it's not heating that much. OTOH, the temperature on the AWOS is 0 C, so eve a 2 degree differential between AWOS and the real world o the ground could make a difference in his favor.

Can confirm. This is how it works when a certain airline decided to get rid of their deicing program.

queeno

Ward of the Guberment
When I was at Tyndall and we worked Approach for ECP I used to offer the Delta MD88 direct ATL every day so just he had to come back with “we’re /w unable direct”. It was cruel but I enjoyed it.
My favorite was to screw with the flow control turds, once was told not to clear aircraft direct through Denver Centers airspace , next one i got from Cleveland center was a LAX inbound so i cleared him direct Civet than typed it into the computer to make it look like Cleveland did it , never tell me what not to do i take that as a challenge !!!!!

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
My favorite was to screw with the flow control turds, once was told not to clear aircraft direct through Denver Centers airspace , next one i got from Cleveland center was a LAX inbound so i cleared him direct Civet than typed it into the computer to make it look like Cleveland did it , never tell me what not to do i take that as a challenge !!!!!
I applaud such hijinks, hats off to you sir

I wish OAK Center and NORCAL had your sense of humor. Jerry would get the Vector to Hector on every AUN-OAK-AUN excursion.

MidlifeFlyer

I wish OAK Center and NORCAL had your sense of humor. Jerry would get the Vector to Hector on every AUN-OAK-AUN excursion.
Bad enough when he gets what he expects. A few videos where he gets vectors to final instead of "direct GROVE" really screws him up. And you want to give him something really different? You are a mean person!

I always gave the FDX 727/Ws a vector to a VOR that was 650 miles away. They always took it, center always approved it.
Shortly after departure from DEN once the FMS's couldn't agree on where we were and finally gave up altogether, so I set about establishing where we were the old fashioned way and informed ATC and asked for a routing to RDM.

After a lengthy pause they apparently gave up and issued headings the whole way haha.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

He hasn’t posted in a while. What’s everyone think? Grounded by FSDO? Got smart and realized he doesn’t have the multi task skills he thinks he has to film and fly!