• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

man has trouble maintaining altitude, airspeed, localizer, glideslope...

gotWXdagain

Highly Visible Member
His flying was so bad he was making his wife airsick, so why not put it on the internet?

I hope that when he kills himself in that airplane, she isn't there with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Itchy

Oh damn. Why would anyone that flew like that publish that video? If that was a check ride, fail. Biggly. Love that circling altitude too.

GypsyPilot

His flying was so bad he was making his wife airsick, so why not put it on the internet?

I hope that when he kills himself in that airplane, she isn't there with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Just read some of his YT comments regarding this video. The hazardous attitudes are off the charts. Yep, that dude WILL have an accident.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Did he just add flaps 50-60 knots above white arc? And then cuts power after ATC barks at him for still being 70 knots faster (in the yellow arc too) .....

Looking at the comment section seeing his attitude doesn't surprise me at all though. He claims he was "NOT behind the airplane" and getting 2000 fpm descent on the approach is okay because he's "flown this airport for 30 years".

That circle was a bit uncomfortable. The entire time I watched I wondered when he was going to stop narrating for the video and focus. Why on earth this was posted to the world is beyond me. I'm going to assume he's a weekend warrior.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
Also, he claims the "atc instructions" made it hard to keep his approach sharp so it was sloppy. Not sure how slowing an aircraft down makes the approach harder....
twin cessnas can be hard to slow down if you're not thinking ahead of the airplane. flap and gear speeds are so low they're almost useless, only thing to do is slowly pull back power before you can get dirty.
or if you're an idiot, throw the props up and slam the throttles closed and see how it all works out

A Life Aloft

Live Free or Die
Holy Hell. He was too high and too fast, then he was too low and too slow. I think his poor wife was praying most of the time the way she kept bowing her head. Then every few minutes she let out a little gasp. As they were finally landing, her little hands were flailing around. lol How long has he been flying? Talk about lack of stability and clueless as to his situation. Yikes! He doesn't know his own plane and doesn't even know his home airport. Then he says,"that was a lot of commands". Good grief. If I was his wife, I'd take out a huge ass insurance policy on him and never go flying with him again, but I'd be encouraging him to fly daily, alone.

Last edited: