Magnetic pole reversal

mrivc211

Daily life in Texas closely resembles a post apocalyptic world. And the natives resemble a radiation fallout ravaged population.
I can't lie, lately, I've been thinking there's a increased possibility that humans will cease to exist during my lifetime which made me envious of previous generations.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
I can't lie, lately, I've been thinking there's a increased possibility that humans will cease to exist during my lifetime which made me envious of previous generations.
Which generation would you choose to be reincarnated into?

knot4u

Repeat Offender
I'd want to spend my 20s in the roaring 20s.
I suppose I can understand that as long you weren't aware of the technological advances just around the bend, if you knew what was about to take place I think you'd be miserable.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
yeah i don't think i'd want to spend my 30's in the Great Depression or my 40's in WW2. And worst of all have to live through prohibition.
If I knew air conditioning was possible but not available I'd be miserable. Prohibition didn't stop people from drinking, some people theorize it may have actually increased consumption. I spent a fair amount of time with my grandparents, who actually lived through those decades, when I was a kid and they looked back with a certain fondness, they were just adapting and living. They wouldn't ever want to go back, but they had no bad opinion about those times because they had no idea what was coming up, and honestly they may have lived through the most exciting time in our history for a lot of different reasons. I think coming of age in the late '80s-early'90s was the optimal time, but my opinion is biased.

ppragman

Direct BATTY
yeah i don't think i'd want to spend my 30's in the Great Depression or my 40's in WW2. And worst of all have to live through prohibition.
Too young for the horror of world war I, Flapper girls, the birth of bush flying, debauchery in the 20s, south america during the 30's, and flying for Air Transport Command during WWII. Sounds like a great time to be alive. Fly jets at the end of the career and retire into obscurity - if I could be so lucky to have those kinds of adventures.

mrivc211

Which generation would you choose to be reincarnated into?
I’ve pondered that many times. Part of me wants to go back to pre “information revolution age” so I get away with running drugs from south Florida for the cartels and retire in 1 year(ive been watching Netflix), the other part of me is drawn towards the 1700’s in the Wild West where you’re on you’re own and lawless was rampant. I used to think people were of average intelligence and could logically think through simple tasks, but watching the 2016 elections I realized I could have probably been a mogul in that era.

ppragman

Direct BATTY
I’ve pondered that many times. Part of me wants to go back to pre “information revolution age” so I get away with running drugs from south Florida for the cartels and retire in 1 year(ive been watching Netflix), the other part of me is drawn towards the 1700’s in the Wild West where you’re on you’re own and lawless was rampant. I used to think people were of average intelligence and could logically think through simple tasks, but watching the 2016 elections I realized I could have probably been a mogul in that era.
I have wondered for a long time if the modern world didn't make us "dumber" - e.g. Yali's Question from Guns Germs and Steel.

texas_pilot

Sun blasting out and catching our cycle is 360 x 360* 2 axis ? Plus time and intensity/ depth unless the moon intercepted , yeah a nice cave would be an upgrade- a hit movie
My attempt to understand our planet revolving around the sun on a X axis, the sun having the y axis combined with the time of a moving target compounding the diminishing likelihood of a massive EMP disrupting our world.
I’ll sit back and allow the more cerebral members to enlighten me.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Too young for the horror of world war I, Flapper girls, the birth of bush flying, debauchery in the 20s, south america during the 30's, and flying for Air Transport Command during WWII. Sounds like a great time to be alive. Fly jets at the end of the career and retire into obscurity - if I could be so lucky to have those kinds of adventures.
This is the correct answer.

Apparently it takes about 500 years for the shift to happen, I have no idea how the scientists can claim they know that, and it's something that's happened multiple times in the past, I have no idea the scientists can claim they know that either. If the poles begin to shift we might lose our protection from the really dangerous energy the sun is constantly trying kill us with. The sun is trying to kill you at every opportunity, you can't even look at the darn thing for more than a moment without going blind. I'm fair skinned and have had severe sunburns resulting in blisters and at one point snow blindness due to my own ineptitude and unpreparedness. I like sunlight, I hate the sun.
There is discernible evidence in geologic strata... that's how they know. Remember 5th grade science class when you saw iron filings align in the presence of a magnet??? ... like that.