Looking for Phenom PIC or FO on a larger jet

1Wingnut

The owners of my Phenom 100 told me 2 weeks ago the aircraft is up for sale. Today, they asked me if I had found a new job yet, so I guess that is my cue to start looking! I'm single pilot rated in the Embraer Phenom 100, and fly 135 charters from the NYC metro area. I'm looking for either a PIC position in a Phenom or other light jet, or an FO position in something larger. I have 4350 TT, 4100 PIC, 2750 Turbine, 700 Jet, types in EMB500, DA-2000, BE-300, and SIC type in DA-20. I also have 3 years experience in the Middle East. I am completely flexible regarding location. If anyone has a spot for me, let me know!

Gators

Get ahold of someone at Executive AirShare ASAP! They are looking for phenom drivers in Kansas City, Dallas and Buffalo,NY (I think those locations are correct, someone correct me please if not). Also have some other airframes too I believe... Good luck, you seem like an ideal candidate for them

Boris Badenov

He comes to save the day in a broken truck.
From spending way too much time in various FBOs at the Teterhole, I'd think you could find a job in an hour just hanging around being creepy. Just get out there and pound the pavement...you're in the Bidness Jet Mecca of the entire world.

USN88

JetSuite is about to hire 6 FO's for the Phenom 100. $225/day with a 14 day guarantee, and you can fly well over that. SNA, VNY, SJC, LAS, DAL for domiciles. Upgrades are about a year.

1Wingnut

I would be very interested in JetSuite, but going in as an FO would be a 50% pay cut for me. I hear they don't hire directly into the left seat. I noticed on their website application, there is not even a place to indicate you already have EMB500 time and type, so I guess they don't care about that. I think JetSuite is a great company, but if I were to take a right seat there, it would be my lowest paid job in the last 5 years by a pretty wide margin. :(

USN88

I would be very interested in JetSuite, but going in as an FO would be a 50% pay cut for me. I hear they don't hire directly into the left seat. I noticed on their website application, there is not even a place to indicate you already have EMB500 time and type, so I guess they don't care about that. I think JetSuite is a great company, but if I were to take a right seat there, it would be my lowest paid job in the last 5 years by a pretty wide margin. :(
Yea, I figured I'd let you know anyway. However, I don't know if we've ever had a EMB500 typed pilot apply before. You can PM and I'll pass along our CP and VP of FltOps email address.

1Wingnut

Thanks USN88, that would be great! I often operate out of White Plains (HPN) , and I have seen red striped Phenoms there several times. Does that plane live in Bradley do you know? PM sent.

USN88

That one in particular is owned by one of our investors, so it spends most of it's time floating around the NE. Usually BDL, TEB and HPN. The other jets float all around the country. Literally, ALL over. Haha!

pryd67

I came across JC a few months ago and I truly enjoy following the discussions. Have I missed something on JetSuites or Executive AirShares websites? I cannot find any minimum requirements for their pilot positions. Do they require any jet time or type rating?
A little background about me: I have 1850 TT with 740 MEL with a lifelong connection to aviation because my dad taught me to fly and I worked extra at an airport during my high school years. I also have an Aircraft Technicians degree thru the Air Force Academy and I have flown part 135 in a PA-31.
I co-founded a retail/wholesale company 10+ years ago so I know something about the kind of customer service that is required in JetSuites and Executive AirShares type of business.
I’m guessing that both JetSuite and Executive AirShare are out of my reach but it would be interesting to know their minimums so I know what to aim for.

1Wingnut

pryd67 - I think you may be pretty close to what they need for first officers. In my Phenom type rating class, there was a guy from Executive AirShare who started with them as a first officer in the King Air 350, and I think he started with about 2000 hours. Send in a resume, why not?

pryd67

Thank you for your quick answer. FO on the King Air would be perfect. I am updating my resume right now.

z987k

Thank you for your quick answer. FO on the King Air would be perfect. I am updating my resume right now.
Ya, they have some 350's in texas. I got a call some months ago, but turned it down. They also have a smattering of bigger stuff. The phenoms, a couple of gulfstreams/astras.

si-fly

I came across JC a few months ago and I truly enjoy following the discussions. Have I missed something on JetSuites or Executive AirShares websites? I cannot find any minimum requirements for their pilot positions. Do they require any jet time or type rating?
A little background about me: I have 1850 TT with 740 MEL with a lifelong connection to aviation because my dad taught me to fly and I worked extra at an airport during my high school years. I also have an Aircraft Technicians degree thru the Air Force Academy and I have flown part 135 in a PA-31.
I co-founded a retail/wholesale company 10+ years ago so I know something about the kind of customer service that is required in JetSuites and Executive AirShares type of business.
I’m guessing that both JetSuite and Executive AirShare are out of my reach but it would be interesting to know their minimums so I know what to aim for.
From APC, abut jetsuite

I talked to the CP today. ATP mins (not rating, but they want the written) are the minimum requirements. Competitive is around 2000-4000tt and 1000+ multi.

The company is pretty awesome. Great flying too! Study JetBlue's interview gouge. The CEO was a JB exec, and the CP and VP of Ops were #1 and #2 a JB until they left to come here.

pryd67

Thanks for the posts. Both JetSuite and Executive AirShare seem like great companies and good career choices for me (in the future). I unfortunately do not have any recent 135 or multi-engine experience and I currently only fly C-172 to stay IFR current.

squeezemylemon

Just sent my resume to Jesuit.
Usually in these jobs they want guys who can be pic after few months so most operator ask for part 135 time.

Time will come when USA will hire by millions.keep faith.:)

1Wingnut

I sent a resume to both JetSuite and Executive Airshare, and neither responded even tho I am currently a captain flying 135 charters in the Phenom 100. :( I did get an interview for a Falcon 10 PIC job - I was called back for a second visit with the CEO, and I think I will likely be offered a position. I shouldn't complain, but it makes me wonder why I couldn't get a call on the Phenom...

pryd67

Good luck Wingnut.

With your credentials, not calling you is JetSuite and Excecutive’s loss.