Liens

Nark

Sheepdog
Other than the AOPA sponsored Aerospace Reports, does anyone know of a service that can search if an aircraft has a lien against it?

MidlifeFlyer

Any of the aircraft title/escrow companies in OK City. There are quite a few. Some lawyers there too.

Some folks, if they have the time and knowledge (and risk tolerance for the transaction) to understand what they are reading, order the $10 CD from the link on the aircraft registration page,

BigZ

Basically the above. OK city companies title search.
Bit more involved if turboprop/jet, as those can have liens on components (clean MU2 with a 200k lien on the left engine e.g.)

MidlifeFlyer

Basically the above. OK city companies title search.
Bit more involved if turboprop/jet, as those can have liens on components (clean MU2 with a 200k lien on the left engine e.g.)
Large aircraft can also have International Registry recording issues. There also can be UCC filings in that brand new avionics package to meet the 20/20 mandate.

Nark

Sheepdog
Thanks gents.

I ordered a package from Aerospace Reports before I posted this. I’ve also found the states UCC page, but it’s under maintenance and I can’t search it.

My OSINT/HUMINT skills have produced a wealth of knowledge on an abandoned (derelict?) aircraft. The guy has been sued many, many times, and am curious to find out if someone has placed a lien on this particular aircraft. (He has had 4 different aircraft registered to him over time, all but 1 are de-registered)

I’m hoping for a fun project, but not worth the hassle if there are other pending legal issues with this aircraft.

MidlifeFlyer

Was this the guy who posted it to Reddit a couple years ago?

I like when people rescue neglected airplanes. I wanna adopt them all :)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Dunno. He's not that far from me. I remember him originally posting in a localized Facebook pilot group when he was thinking of making an offer in it. I've been following him since the beginning.

denverpilot

Was this the guy who posted it to Reddit a couple years ago?

I like when people rescue neglected airplanes. I wanna adopt them all :)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Pretty sure it’s the same guy. He posts multiple places. Glad he saved the airplane from death.

Nark

Sheepdog
Pretty sure it’s the same guy. He posts multiple places. Glad he saved the airplane from death.
I’m trying to do this with another airframe. But there are mounting legal barriers ahead.

For all intents and purposes, there is a potential very nice airplane that has been abandoned. It hasn’t moved in 20 years. The FAA has deregistered the N-number after several attempts at contacting the registered owner.
There is also a potential lien from a local bank that has been acquired, and records are a little deeper than readily available for the lay-person to search.

The registered owner has also been in legal trouble (civil at least) on and off for the last 15 years. He doesn’t like paying bills.
He also has 3 other aircraft registered to his name.

All this effort might be in vein and an order from Vans might be the easier and cheaper route in the near future.

Nark

Sheepdog
I’m going to check out the RV14 from a dude in georgia.

A Mooney’ speed+economics but a Bonanza size cabin.

BigZ

I’m going to check out the RV14 from a dude in georgia.

A Mooney’ speed+economics but a Bonanza size cabin.
Great airplane and the io390 is a great engine.
One of these days I want to build a io390 2+2 sportsman