1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's say you have two interviews.... (noob)

Discussion in 'Interview Experiences' started by AZflyboy, Jul 19, 2016.

1. AZflyboy

AZflyboy Well-Known Member

Okay these are my first ever 121 interviews and they're both with west coast companies that I've wanted to fly for since I was little, that being said, if you have two interviews within 3 days of each other (or any time apart for that matter) how would you go about "delaying" your first job offer respectfully assuming I got an offer? I keep seeing that if you do good, you practically get offered a job right there on the spot and I don't want to seem like I'm wasting their time/piss anybody off at either company but I want to do both interviews and make my decision afterwards, thoughts?

2. NickH

NickH Dank Meme

Be honest, but deflect: 'I have a number of interviews this week and don't want to commit to a position yet, however I did particularly like *this element of your company*, and would be open to discussing compensation.'

If a company takes offense at that, you don't want to work there anyway. Do follow up with a simple 'Thank you for your offer, however I have accepted another position'.

Remember you are in a great position right now and hold all the cards.

AZflyboy likes this.
  3. AZflyboy

AZflyboy Well-Known Member

thank you! I'll make sure to follow up definitely, I just want to go about this as respectfully as possible I appreciate it.