Left-handed genes

Hammertime

There is a higher percentage of left handed pilots than there is in the general population. By far.

Now lets talk acrophobia!
I was going to say just that. Idk the stats, but is seems to be almost 1/3 or 1/4 at least. On a related note, I'm terrible at landing from the right seat #LCPproblems

But it's from CNN so it's probably not true. :p

Sorry...couldn't resist.

In other news, as a left-handed person I'm quite interested in this.

nibake

Powder hound
I’m a classic ambidextrous weirdo. I write “right” but almost everything else “left”.
Opposite. I got the impression when I was young that ambidextrous meant equal use of both hands. In reality, I and most people I know who could be considered ambidextrous just have a fubared way of doing certain things better and there is no apparent rhyme or reason too it.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Opposite. I got the impression when I was young that ambidextrous meant equal use of both hands. In reality, I and most people I know who could be considered ambidextrous just have a fubared way of doing certain things better and there is no apparent rhyme or reason too it.
I write with both but my handwriting is slightly faster with the right hand.

I “pistol” righty, I “rifle” lefty, figure that one out!:)

Cherokee_Cruiser

I’m a classic ambidextrous weirdo. I write “right” but almost everything else “left”.

I write right hand but bat as lefty. But no way could I write with my left hand. I tried. I’m not sure there is a language in the world that could be to read what I write with my left hand.

Boots2Wings

I write with both but my handwriting is slightly faster with the right hand.

I “pistol” righty, I “rifle” lefty, figure that one out!:)
Eye dominance perhaps? Sighting the handgun is more centerline so it wouldnt matter which eye you used, but rifles on the other hand require your dominant eye in line.

deadstick

Now lets talk acrophobia!
There’s nothing wrong with that!

My kids poke fun at me for this. Sears Tower glass-bottom observation box — forget it! Flying doors-off in a helicopter — no problem.

Also, I write left, use left-handed scissors, and kick with my left foot (well, both, but the left is better). I throw, shoot, play golf RH, and am right-eye dominant.

Boris Badenov

He comes to save the day in a broken truck.
Yeah. You're weird. Could have saved you some keystrokes and self-reflection if you'd asked.