Last DAL 747 Flight?

Springer

While flying near Pinal County Airport today saw a DAL 747 making a low approach and its final landing. Was this the last DAL (originally NWA) 747?

azmedic

December 17th ICN-DTW I believe. Then it's doing some employee Farewell flights and some charters after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

While flying near Pinal County Airport today saw a DAL 747 making a low approach and its final landing. Was this the last DAL (originally NWA) 747?
That was ship 6308.

There are a few left and some military/NFL charters for a couple weeks beyond December 17.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Let me know when its arriving here. Would love to snap pics of its last landing here at MZJ.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
The DAL 747 that was in the hailstorm near Seoul a couple years back and made a last flight from there to here at MZJ, has almost been scrapped. It was interesting seeing some of the temporary airframe repairs that were made to it for its final ferry flight.

azmedic

Final farewell party is in MSP on Dec 20th. Looking forward to celebrating the last US flagged passenger 747!
Were 9E folks able to get in on the hangar party? Looking on DLNet it said only active mainline and retirees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Mike, is it a secure ramp where they park? Would they allow a GA plane to park near it if I had a company ID?
For the FBO, you park on the south side of the ramp next to where the Caribou and Casa 212s are parked. You can even call ahead to the FBO too. Marana Aerospace Solutions, will fuel you, give you a ride to a restaurant (though the one on field has repoened), good service.