LAS Controller "Event"

AM011309

That article is written to make people suspect she was drunk or something. “Removed from the tower”. I understand maybe it’s a privacy issue to mention medical issues but you’d think they’d want to say that if that’s what it was to prevent that in the first place. Especially since in a lot of jobs “places on administrative leave and investigation” is equated to discipline. Regular JoeSchmo’s are going to misinterpret it I think, unfortunately. Just don’t need more bad stereotype :(

azmedic

That article is written to make people suspect she was drunk or something. “Removed from the tower”. I understand maybe it’s a privacy issue to mention medical issues but you’d think they’d want to say that if that’s what it was to prevent that in the first place. Especially since in a lot of jobs “places on administrative leave and investigation” is equated to discipline. Regular JoeSchmo’s are going to misinterpret it I think, unfortunately. Just don’t need more bad stereotype :(
Yeah,after reading that article it sounds like there may be more to the story? People generally don’t get put on admin leave for a medical issue..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AM011309

If any of you ever find yourself in a similar situation, please, please, PLEASE, go over to approach control immediately and advise them of the situation.
I think in a lot of cases people don’t necessarily recognize they need help or they’d ask for it.

AM011309

Yeah,after reading that article it sounds like there may be more to the story? People generally don’t get put on admin leave for a medical issue..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I mean, it could just be the wording—technically Admin leave in the FAA is just that, and can be approved for a lot of different reason. Not necessarily discipline and is not handed out freely, believe me. So I mean It could have been a medical issue and instead of just showing her on sickleave indefinitely just saying OK we’re gonna basically show you on excused absence till we figure out what the issue was, then you can use leave. Kind of a goodwill thing. Depends on the management at the facility. Or something like that, does that make sense? I have no idea what happened and it’s pure speculation, but my comments are more directed toward what I think most people’s minds will go to reading the words that were in the article. I mean mine even did at first til I thought it through a little.

AM011309

Oooooh well the plot thickens :stir:..... well I’m proud of everyone for giving the benefit of the doubt at first then :) Ugh. Not good.:def:

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
I asked in the other thread, is L30 located in or at the base of the tower to where someone couldve gone an checked on her, or is it located elsewhere?

Prino

I asked in the other thread, is L30 located in or at the base of the tower to where someone couldve gone an checked on her, or is it located elsewhere?
The tracon is In the base building and yes somebody could (and probably did) go up to the tower.

Last edited:

Prino

I’d say that makes your statement exponentially more cruel and speaks volumes about your character.
Sorry if speaking factually is a character flaw then I need to check my moral compass.