Landing gear door from Boeing 767 falls from sky onto street outside Seattle

SeanD

In Dakar, we have two trucks that follow us to the runway to ensure that no one runs from the perimeter and stows away.
Has anyone ever been successful? I havent heard of a success story yet. "Man, that was coooollllldddd...thanks for the ride fellas, ta ta"

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I didnt think so. You would need a moon suit and some O2. I wonder if they assume there will be a door leading to the main cabin they can escape through and just blend in with the passengers.
Probably. But they've been watching too many "Die Hard" movies! ;)

ljg

Probably do not understand the concept of -55c and no oxygen for 8 hours.

Krystal

Dispatch Betty
Probably. But they've been watching too many "Die Hard" movies! ;)
Oh, come on! Havent you seen "Catch Me if You Can?" Everyone KNOWS that there is a secret passageway to the landing gear! You just unscrew the potty and voila!

MQAAord

Scheherazade
Staff member
Haha... "
Orr
reports that sub-zero temperatures and extreme oxygen deprivation would make it nearly impossible for a human to withstand any length of time in a passenger aircraft's wheel well."

No, not "nearly" impossible. Just, impossible.

MQAAord

Scheherazade
Staff member
An hour and a half flight... significantly less than an 8 hour Atlantic crossing.

Still amazing he survived though.

darrenf

resident denizen
KENT, Wash. — The Federal Aviation Administration confirms that a piece of metal that fell to the ground in a Kent, Wash., neighborhood was part of a Boeing 767's landing gear door.
Sure looks like carbon fiber to me.